Multiple websites, or one?
    Hi all, I know lots of you have a number of websites that you run your affiliate programs on. Right now I just have my art website with my name as the URL, and would love to be able to keep using that to set up several sub-pages to include my affiliate stuff. I've been using it for years, so people are used to it.

If the affiliates don't care (don't require a main level domain, that is), then is there any reason not to do this? I've had good luck with Google and the other SEs indexing all pages of my site, so that's not an issue (I think??)

Thing is, I don't even cover my hosting and ISP fees now as is with the art stuff, so I'm hesitant to host yet another site until I make some money on the first one. I did register another domain, BTW, so what about some kind of free redirecting thing?

Thanks for any ideas!

Bobbi C.

Quote Originally Posted by bchukran
    I've had good luck with Google and the other SEs indexing all pages of my site, so that's not an issue (I think??)
    Bobbi, you should see Big G dance through its various updates. If you want to avoid a rollercoaster ride, you might want to diversify and have more websites.

cheers!
    -nishith

Re: multiple websites
    Hi nishith,

good point! I have seen G do that with the art site over and over. I just didn't want to go through the hassle of setting up another separate site until I was sure I could make money from this one.

If is was easy, I'd probably have ten sites by now! LOL

bobbi c.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bchukran
    Hi all, I know lots of you have a number of websites that you run your affiliate programs on. Right now I just have my art website with my name as the URL, and would love to be able to keep using that to set up several sub-pages to include my affiliate stuff. I've been using it for years, so people are used to it.

If the affiliates don't care (don't require a main level domain, that is), then is there any reason not to do this? I've had good luck with Google and the other SEs indexing all pages of my site, so that's not an issue (I think??)

Thing is, I don't even cover my hosting and ISP fees now as is with the art stuff, so I'm hesitant to host yet another site until I make some money on the first one. I did register another domain, BTW, so what about some kind of free redirecting thing?

Thanks for any ideas!

Bobbi C.
    Hi bchukran,

Any new "page" I add to my current high ranked site is immediately indexed and free organic SE traffic thrown my way because of the strength of the original domain, It's hard to consider NOT adding on to my main site and to create a completely new site and start from scratch unless it is a very different market and a completely different audience I am trying to reach. If it works into your original domain, I'd say keep it there. At the very least, find a way to link it on your original domain which helps draw attention and immediate traffic.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Talking
    [QUOTE=Rexanne]Hi bchukran,

Any new "page" I add to my current high ranked site is immediately indexed and free organic SE traffic thrown my way because of the strength of the original domain, It's hard to consider NOT adding on to my main site and to create a completely new site and start from scratch "

Hi Rexanne,

Thanks---great point! I actually do get almost instant indexing now with my current site, and like you said, that's hard to ignore. I should have also mentioned that I was a writer, and have the titles of my books on my site. I get quite a few people searching for those under my previous name (it's ALL over Google), and the new pages are on a similar subject. So in that case, I'd be pretty darned STOOPID not to take advantage of that, wouldn't I?? Plus, I can link-back the new pages to the older pages that list my books....!

Bobbi C.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    [QUOTE=bchukran]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Hi bchukran,

Any new "page" I add to my current high ranked site is immediately indexed and free organic SE traffic thrown my way because of the strength of the original domain, It's hard to consider NOT adding on to my main site and to create a completely new site and start from scratch "

Hi Rexanne,

Thanks---great point! I actually do get almost instant indexing now with my current site, and like you said, that's hard to ignore. I should have also mentioned that I was a writer, and have the titles of my books on my site. I get quite a few people searching for those under my previous name (it's ALL over Google), and the new pages are on a similar subject. So in that case, I'd be pretty darned STOOPID not to take advantage of that, wouldn't I?? Plus, I can link-back the new pages to the older pages that list my books....!

Bobbi C.
    You got it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread