Question Unusually large sales!
    I think there must be some reporting cock-up at CJ as I have had some incredibly big sales for one of my merchants over the past 3 days. Two of them are for exactly the same amount ($15,299)!! Has anybody else been seeing unusual "happenings" in their account which seem too good to be true? When the first sale came through 3 days ago, I thought that perhaps I had found the silver bullet to affiliate marketing, but now I am not so sure anymore with another sale like that coming in today. Of course I'm only human and hope that these are genuine figures, but I have to be realistic - it just doesn't make sense. Things like this just don't happen to me

WOW that is huge. I had some big sales come in within a two day period with a merchant I haven't converted much with this last week. It seemed suspicious because I had 3 big sales $200-600 in one day and the next a $1600 sale.

The merchant is the type that big sales do happen but for all of them to happen at once and they're not batch makes me wonder.

But I'll keep it

added: I have had duplicate sales post and one gets reversed. That happened to me when the posting time is exactly the same.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    I think there must be some reporting cock-up at CJ as I have had some incredibly big sales for one of my merchants over the past 3 days. Two of them are for exactly the same amount ($15,299)!! Has anybody else been seeing unusual "happenings" in their account which seem too good to be true? When the first sale came through 3 days ago, I thought that perhaps I had found the silver bullet to affiliate marketing, but now I am not so sure anymore with another sale like that coming in today. Of course I'm only human and hope that these are genuine figures, but I have to be realistic - it just doesn't make sense. Things like this just don't happen to me
    Sounds like someone clicked that "confirm sale" button twice. If not, cool! Accept it and know you've earned it!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Sounds like someone clicked that "confirm sale" button twice. If not, cool! Accept it and know you've earned it!
    Then they must have clicked the "confirm" button once on the 16th and then gone back 2 days later and clicked it again. In any case I have written to the merchant's AM to check it out because I would like to put my mind at rest. If these two sales are legit then some BIG SPENDER is slowly but surely going to buy out this merchant's whole inventory . If that's the case then I say "bring it on"!!

Grumpy,

Good Luck, I hope it turns out to be legit

Thumbs down The verdict is in
    Well folks, just as I thought, these sales were not legit! Just received a reply from the AM to say that CJ passed those two order records in European format, meaning that the $152.99 order came out $15,299. So the actual orders were for $152.99 (quite a big difference wouldn't you say?!!). So anyone else experiencing a similar phenomenon with sales shouldn't go out and celebrate prematurely, as it just won't stick.

No Fair!! (to quote my wise children)
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

the difference a coma makes

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The last huge sale I got from a CJ merchant even came with a Kuddo from the Essential Apparel AM. Turned out to be some clown buying $2300.00 in CK underwear for a complete cellblock at San Quintin. The choice of pastel colors and some thongs should have been a tip off the Kuddo's were premature.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    The last huge sale I got from a CJ merchant even came with a Kuddo from the Essential Apparel AM. Turned out to be some clown buying $2300.00 in CK underwear for a complete cellblock at San Quintin. The choice of pastel colors and some thongs should have been a tip off the Kuddo's were premature.
    Could have been Sheriff Joe Arpaio ordering pink underwear for his inmates at "Tent City" here in AZ!! He was in the news not so long ago for placing a large order for pink handcuffs

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I'm still holding out hope for a $2,500 item that sold a week or so ago from a merchant at cj... always fun to watch sales like that
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Talking
    Of course - You know that before it's over with it will be reversed because of an invalid cc.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread