Time for a Coincidence Whine
    WTF is going on and Bla, Bla, Bla I'm going on day 7 without a sale I did a PPC campaign for an insurance site and had 4 leads in the first 2 days with a lot of clickthroughs. Then after that the same traffic to the site but the clickthroughs dropped down to practically nothing. Whats going on.

Come on Merchants - Coincidence Me Baby

Wow, it's been awhile since I've whined

Packy,

It is interesting how things go. CJ sales are going gangbusters right now for me (always do between Jan. and April), but my LinkShare sites have hit rock bottom. I'm even emailing my merchants there to see if it is just me or a merchant problem or a network problem. You might want to do the same with your CJ merchants and see what they are seeing from their end.

Good luck. And, oh, you are allowed to whine here once in a while.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Packy,

It is interesting how things go. CJ sales are going gangbusters right now for me (always do between Jan. and April), but my LinkShare sites have hit rock bottom. I'm even emailing my merchants there to see if it is just me or a merchant problem or a network problem. You might want to do the same with your CJ merchants and see what they are seeing from their end.

Good luck. And, oh, you are allowed to whine here once in a while.
    Whine away. Who else would understand or even LISTEN? ABW has probably saved me from a stroke or 2 by being able to vent, rant and roll. ABW .... a healthy alternative for type A personalities.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hi,

I am researching the affiliate marketing space and was just curious how important individual retailers are to your decision to participate in a network? For example, if EBay left CJ or Overstock left Linkshare, would it impact your decision to continue participating in their networks? Thanks a lot!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by affmktngbd
    Hi,

I am researching the affiliate marketing space and was just curious how important individual retailers are to your decision to participate in a network? For example, if EBay left CJ or Overstock left Linkshare, would it impact your decision to continue participating in their networks? Thanks a lot!

Bill
    equally important may be our individual perceptions of how those particular two merchant examples impact our ulcer rate.

If they left those particular networks I don't think it would make any difference in how we like/dislike those networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    Then after that the same traffic to the site but the clickthroughs dropped down to practically nothing.
    Had the same problem with a financial institution CJ merchant.

I changed the links daily and guess what, the sales didn't drop off. This went on for months.

Started choosing links that had no 7-day or 3 month EPC to be on the safe side, then I changed links twice a day, then I said the hell with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT
    Had the same problem with a financial institution CJ merchant.

I changed the links daily and guess what, the sales didn't drop off. This went on for months.

Started choosing links that had no 7-day or 3 month EPC to be on the safe side, then I changed links twice a day, then I said the hell with it.
    I was thinking I might of screwed up some links so that's what I was thinking about the insurance merchants Kevin, so I was trying the same thing, changing the links but with no success Unfortunately that was just one example, none of the other merchants that should be at least showing something in 7 days aren't.

7-days and Rexanne, Thats what I think hurts me the most about getting killed by the SE's the last year or so, not being able to whine. It's not the money or lack of sales that are killing me it's not being in the position to whine anymore Well OK, the money is part of it too!

Affmk-etc,

If it's a merchant that converts for and always has the chances are most of us would follow them where ever they move to, JMO of course!

15 years and counting
    This week is quite slow for me, too. I'm getting sales but for small amounts and just enough to don't accuse CJ or LinkShare of reporting problems.
    My traffic is still fine but people are buying just what they need. At least, I'm getting the fat checks from December. Without them, I'll be wondering what I'm doing behind my screens.

Try to drive PPC to Adsense website, maybe you will make more money than directly send it to CJ, My sales commission dropped too much this month. I put adsense from this week, and found adsense with CJ affiliate make more money,maybe just for this time of the year.
    Adsense is quite stable, compare to some affiliate network.

Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    Try to drive PPC to Adsense website, maybe you will make more money than directly send it to CJ, My sales commission dropped too much this month. I put adsense from this week, and found adsense with CJ affiliate make more money,maybe just for this time of the year.
    Alvin, your dead on. That's what I have been doing most of the day today and a great suggestion

Zeus, I'm looking forward to the December checks coming in. Next month is going to suck though. I have an Indy who I've been trying to collect from who is 3 months past due now in paying so it would be nice if he came through with a check come next month

15 years and counting
    Some of my Indies are fast to pay me. I know they need me bad so they have better to treat me good but for some others I've to wait for ever to get my checks. That's the bad part of working with Indies.

hmm..how do you drive PPC to an Adsense website? I'm new at this and don't quite understand..
    tia,
    J.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Whine away. Who else would understand or even LISTEN? ABW has probably saved me from a stroke or 2 by being able to vent, rant and roll. ABW .... a healthy alternative for type A personalities.
    You know that old saying - There is no such think as gravity.

The world sucks - that's what keeps us here.

Think about your life.

Does the suction theory make sense to you ??

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by jono
    hmm..how do you drive PPC to an Adsense website? I'm new at this and don't quite understand..
    tia,
    J.
    I am not sure how the other guys doing this.
    For me, I put up a website, and put some coupon code for the merchant, write some review,then put up adsense. then drive ppc for that.But you need to be very careful for you ppc,make sure it's target.And won't burn your money.
    To apply adsense, you need a website,and the apply it from here: www.google.com/adsense

For me, when CJ working fine, I make more money from CJ, if CJ doesn't working good, Adsense compensate that.

I am quite new to affiliate and adsense too. Not making much money.
    But time shows it growing petty fast at the end of last year,better than I think to be.Now worse than I think to be. Don't know who to blame, maybe just blame myself. :P

My sales are so low this week, but my traffic is fine.. I think people are getting their december credit card statments and paying those instead of shopping. I'm just laying low until march and then I'll start marketing again.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    but my LinkShare sites have hit rock bottom.
    have the same problem. i checked one merchant and there was no sale reported at all for like seven days now.

was there really no sales or they were just not uploading any yet? maybe people are at the LS Summit and don't have time to update. i hope this is the case.

it sure is not encouraging to make links when you don't see any results.

and i thought it was only my site.

Well... my sales through CJ advertisers, and SAS have both dropped. I notice this happens the week that leads up to getting paid, which sucks. In the last week I have added bunches of pages and have already seen traffic coming from MSN. My traffic this week has increased 25% but no sales lately. Zero. I think there is something terribly wrong. Maybe some of you should be sending me your traffic for free. I would say nice things about you, and treat you favorably within this forum. Otherwise, I am developing a powerful parasiteware to steal your commissions. jk
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker Jones
    Well... my sales through CJ advertisers, and SAS have both dropped. I notice this happens the week that leads up to getting paid, which sucks. In the last week I have added bunches of pages and have already seen traffic coming from MSN. My traffic this week has increased 25% but no sales lately. Zero. I think there is something terribly wrong. Maybe some of you should be sending me your traffic for free. I would say nice things about you, and treat you favorably within this forum. Otherwise, I am developing a powerful parasiteware to steal your commissions. jk
    Ok.tell me your website, and I am going to click your adsense for 10000 click a day. You just give me 10% commission for my hard working.

Ok.tell me your website, and I am going to click your adsense for 10000 click a day. You just give me 10% commission for my hard working.
    and get booted from making money from Adsense. nah. I figure Google screws up my wages enough. I hope to get some back. But keep thinking that way - Google deserves to get screwed!
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread