Talking quick questions:
    This may have been covered, I tried a search but couldn't find it.
    When using webmerge, when building additional setup files to place more than one product and info per static page, need to be created with PHP?

If not, I could really use a little help here. I need to use my current templates but integrate 3 to 4 products per page rather than one. I am working with limited page allowance. Any help, please?

Thanks.
    Mark

Hello again.
    Any help with the above would be appreciated. Do I need to make up a php script or does webmerge setup files use php to include additional products per page?
    Thanks.

Affiliate Manager
    WebMerge has no relationship with PHP, but we do have some customers who use WebMerge in conjunction with PHP.

What exactly would you like to do?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Hi, Richard.
    I am trying to figure out a way to alter either my templates or the settings file to allow me to produce 3 to 4 product pages instead of the traditional one. I am limited as to the number of files that I am allowed on my hosting service and I really don't want to switch services again. I found someone I very pleased with and is very oriented for success in my opinion.
    Any ideas?
    thanks.
    Mark

Multiple Products
    What I do is just create one merge that creates my main index page, and then I do another index merge and not use the details template at all. In your second index merge incorporate the WM-IndexLabel tag so that it loops through all products under a given category, pulling them all onto the same page. You can format the resulting page however you want with your product single file, or you can use the WM-RECORD tag to put your products into columns.

Regards,

Brad Switzer
    Sites & Sounds
    http://www.sitesandsounds.com

Thanks, Brad.
    I think I know where you are going with this. I'll give it a shot and see if I can get these things up and running. Only wish I had css templates that rocked.

Mark
    http://www.tsmgroup2.biz

Hey, Brad, could do me a small favor?
    Quote Originally Posted by mintchap
    What I do is just create one merge that creates my main index page, and then I do another index merge and not use the details template at all. In your second index merge incorporate the WM-IndexLabel tag so that it loops through all products under a given category, pulling them all onto the same page. You can format the resulting page however you want with your product single file, or you can use the WM-RECORD tag to put your products into columns.

Regards,

Brad Switzer
    Sites & Sounds
    http://www.sitesandsounds.com
    Could you elaborate or provide an example or two on here for me, so that I have a pointer to follow, I am having a little difficulty getting started in the right direction. Please?

Mark
    www.tsmgroup2.biz

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread