Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I've had no ink sales on CJ merchants for a week now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Ink merchants at BeFree seem to be generating sales and tracking OK. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyone else?

Which Merchants? 123Inkjets hasn't produced for me in a few days.

My ink sales are dead. Carrots is giving me a few sales but other than them nothing. I use to convert at 1 in 15 clicks at abcinjets at Linkshare but have nothing in over 100 clicks. Time to start yanking links I guess.

ABW Ambassador
    All the programs run by inkjetorder, including 123inkjets seem to be dead in the water.

Perhaps it's time to drop them a line?

ABW Ambassador
    Any of you US based guys fancy doing a test purchase?

ABW Ambassador
    No sales from 123 Inkjets since BEFORE they had that special offer (back in June?).

Seriously fed up with them. I used to get about 1 sale in 15 clicks from 123Inkjets.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The folks at 123Inkjets would like to thank you all for building their spamm list. They send out spam specials under 4 different Ink/domains from those gathered at 123Inkjets and could care less about EPC on the front end to spamm heaven.

On the same subject, and to update you about This Thread- 123Injets did finally give me manual credit for the sale to my Dad, but I could tell she never found the transaction.

I thought that would be the end of it, except when I spoke to my Dad last week, he still hadn't gotten the ink and said the purchase hadn't shown up on last month's statement. I know he went all the way thru the ordering process, put in his CC number and all, so it sounds like 123 Inkjets is still having a lot of trouble with their shopping cart.

If the ink shows up I'll let you know.

I actually had a decent sale for 123 last week. Amazing.

Mike, however has got the whole ink world wired. Here's how it works. And this applies to all merchants but 123Ink worked it the best.

You sign up a bunch of affiliates and you have a fair cookie - affiliates send lots of people to the website - sales are made and people view the site and bookmark it and/or sign up for the free newsletters.

Now the cookies expire and sales now go direct to company. Affiliates now see lower earnings.

Also, because ink was initially very profitable, everyone got into the biz who could afford to buy a couple of dozen cartridges from the Chinese OEM makers.

Ink is a good example of how affiliates don't necessarily get screwed but get taken advantage of.

I am seriously considering dropping all merchants who have less than 180 cookies and who erase the cookie when someone makes a sale.

The long term viability of affiliate marketing is that affiiates can set cookies
    and reap the benefits.

NO good sales rep would ever work for a merchant if he just got paid from the initial sale for developing a customer.

I would rather have 5 good merchants who I can count on to pay for all sales made by people I refer than all the merchants at CJ, Snare and BeScrewed combined.

Fred, All good points.

Ummmm, I believe one of the ink company's is involved with scumware now also through Gator=Gain. I had a window pop up but clicked it shut while it was popping. I have been trying to similate it again to know avail. I just want to make sure who it was before I post anything.

Microdot, I would be more than happy to make a test purchase but I have soooooo much ink right now from test purchases I don't know what to do with it, lol. :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants erase the cookie after the first sale :eek:

I never even thought of that one - thanks Prof.

I wonder just how many merchants do this?

Well, before I was erased as a merchant at CJ, I was told specifically to use the ERASE cookie after the sale because it was more accurate in the tracking to do it that way.

Now I had already indicated I wanted all cookies to remain after a sale but I was 'counseled' to not do it that way.

So I would say 95% of CJ merchants erase the cookies after each sale...123 injet is one who does not if I recall.

We had this discussion awhile back but people sort of dropped it for some reason.

It's amazingly important...just think how much more everyone would be making if we got repeat commissions on every order.

And you wonder why I accuse all three of the biggie and even Performics of being crooks.

Not because they do it but because they DO NOT tell affiliates they do it. As a result it's FRAUD by omission.

ABW Ambassador
    Fred, I have no doubt that a significant portion of the merchants out there will try every trick in the book to make sales without paying commission.

At the end of the day it seems that most people are looking only to line their own pockets - which is natural I suppose, only the strong survive and all that.

I suppose the best we can hope for under the circumstances is that a process of natural selection will prevail - those merchants that genuinely support their affiliates will flourish, and the others will wither away and die [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm still fairly new to this game, but by taking on board the advice and experience of the people on this board I'm becoming less naive all the time.

Just placed a test order with 123inkjets.com. We will see here shortly... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    It will be interesting to see. I think ALL INK affiliates on the board need to club together and try to persuade one of the merchants to join the board. Get them on our side with promises of mass support from affiliates.

(Also wanted to post to see what happens when you go over 200 posts - do I become Elite member or is that higher? Only a couple more posts to go [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Nice one Core - my hero :cool:

@ PerfectG - it's a nice idea but I think it would be fruitless. I've responded to posts from Jen where the affiliates were asked what they wanted - I put forward my wants, they were completely ignored [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

The sale for 123Inkjets.com went through without a problem. It took 15 minutes to show up @ CJ but it showed up just fine.

I don't know what to say...

Core

ABW Ambassador
    Those are the facts, and we have to believe them.

Thanks for doing that Core - much appreciated.

FYI - I thought I'd repost this from the other thread, because even if Core's transaction went thru, there are apparently still issues with their tracking.

Regarding 123inkjets.com :

Leader:
    quote:

As for the tracking, that sale should have posted right away--this merchant reports immediately (when they do report). And their tracking IS spotty. The fact that it didn't post for you lets me know things aren't fixed right even yet.

GameBoy is right, they need to ditch their current shopping cart.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah Eaglefire - I saw that post too, has anybody taken it up with them? Had any response?

quote:
    Yeah Eaglefire - I saw that post too, has anybody taken it up with them? Had any response?

LOL Microdot - yeah I did. It's posted a bit earlier in this thread ... you probably missed it. I think it indicates they are having problems with their shopping cart that go beyond tracking affiliates.

I haven't taken it up with them yet because of the long holiday weekend here. I want to wait a few more days to see if my Dad actually gets the ink; then I may have him call to see where his order is before I do anything on the affiliate end.

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

ABW Ambassador
    Oops! Yes, I think I remember now, wasn't it where your Pops made a purchase and it didn't track at all, and then the commish was credited but he still hasn't received the ink (after typing all that I realised I could've just scrolled back and read it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

But this is only one instance, and they've obviously done nothing about it. You would think they would address the issue if they are actually missing out on sales because of it :rolleyes: .

not only did the ink not come yet, but they hadn't taken the money out of his credit card. He made the purchase about 3 days before the statement cut-off date so it should have showed up on there - IF it was in stock... he's got a popular printer model and it's occurred to me it might be out of stock.

Funny thing is, I'm selling more ink thru Tiger than 123inkjets on that website, even tho I've got a dedicated page for 123inkjets and absolutely NO ink items listed for Tiger.

FWIW- Rumor has it that I believe 00inkjets or one of their stores has done something different with their shopping cart. I think trying to improve it. I could be wrong but I think that is what a Birdy whisered in my ear. I will have to wait and see how it goes.

Core, out of curiousity what link did you use that tracked? Also, how do you have the links set up? Are they set to open in a new window, hide the tracking code and so on. This is something that has always been a concern of mine with CJ links. Thanks

quote:
    Originally posted by Core:
    The sale for 123Inkjets.com went through without a problem. It took 15 minutes to show up @ CJ but it showed up just fine.

I don't know what to say...

Core

07/08/02 02:15 PM

well this one from me so tracking seems ok..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast