Deep Linking
    Hello to everyone

Is Deep linking more profitable than a home page link? and if so, why IS IT more PROFITABLE AND HOW CAN i go about doing so?

Regards

It's more profitable because it converts better. If you have someone on your site interested in a specific model of a TV, think about what will happen if you link them to the following locations:

1) The home page of Circuit City.
    2) The TV section at Circuit City.
    3) The specific TV they're interested in at Circuit City.
    4) The shopping cart, with that TV added.

The more steps you can eliminate, the better conversions you'll see. The better you can do at sending customers to the exact page on the merchant's site that will meet their needs, the better.

In the same example, if they're just generally interested in TVs, you'll probably do better linking them to a general TV page (a sale page or a comparison page or a showcase of TVs) than to a specific TV page.

How can you do it? It varies from merchant to merchant and network to network. Go through the link options and try to find an option to link to any given page. You might have to ask the affiliate manager or the network to get the details.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

What about?
    Link Checking,Inbound Links, Outbound Links,and Links Reciprocal how can I benefit from these terms mentioned above. Thank you Mike for replying to me
    in a timely fashion.

Regards
    Last edited by kgordon; January 22nd, 2006 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

Outsourced Program Manager
    I made a page of all the Deep Links I've needed so far. Feel free to use them:

http://www.suluta.com/DirectProductLinks.php

If you need some, just email me at jon at suluta.com and I'll see if I can make them. Don't PM me, cause I can't access that feature yet.

Mods, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my URL, if not, please remove it and I won't do it again.

The links on the page don't work

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It's more profitable because it converts better. If you have someone on your site interested in a specific model of a TV, think about what will happen if you link them to the following locations:

1) The home page of Circuit City.
    2) The TV section at Circuit City.
    3) The specific TV they're interested in at Circuit City.
    4) The shopping cart, with that TV added.

The more steps you can eliminate, the better conversions you'll see. The better you can do at sending customers to the exact page on the merchant's site that will meet their needs, the better.

In the same example, if they're just generally interested in TVs, you'll probably do better linking them to a general TV page (a sale page or a comparison page or a showcase of TVs) than to a specific TV page.

How can you do it? It varies from merchant to merchant and network to network. Go through the link options and try to find an option to link to any given page. You might have to ask the affiliate manager or the network to get the details.
    Do people get scared or misled if they click on a link on a affiliate site, and then see a totally new website that takes them directly to the shopping cart of the new website?

ABW Ambassador
    I made a page of all the Deep Links I've needed so far
    Suluta, do those deep links work both for text and product photo links?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Suluta, do those deep links work both for text and product photo links?
    Hey Webworker,

Jon's not available right now, so I'll answer this for you. If what you mean, is can you make link an image using the links provided from our site, then yes, you can do that. If that's not what you meant, please feel free to reply and I'll be glad to revise my answer.

-Michael

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    Do people get scared or misled if they click on a link on a affiliate site, and then see a totally new website that takes them directly to the shopping cart of the new website?
    Well, I'm a big online shopper and often come across affiliate sites that make me aware of related products I did not even anticipate. So, I happily click thru.

However, if I come across a recommended product and I'm taken to a unanticipated site, hell yes I get scared. But more than that, I get pissed. Since I am aware of affiliate business functions, I am aware that I should be sent to a site that is directly related to the link I clicked on that may create a bounty for the affiliate.

I'm more than happy to 'click thru' to a product I did not anticipate finding. In my mind, we both benefit. Lead me to another place or even a shopping cart of a new website, I'm gonna clear cookies, purge files and look for that product elsewhere and click thru there. This because there's enough things online to be skeptical about and I want to shop at a place that I trust.

Be straight up with your advertising, and I will be straight up with you. I'm a happy clicker! Deceive me or make me feel suspicious about a shopping experience, and yes, I feel misled. That's just how I feel as a consumer.

But aren't we all consumers? Just do what you feel would be an acceptable process for you as a consumer.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread