Interesting variation of the pixel selling sites
    Just came across this site, it's pretty much the same 'pixel selling' idea as the million dollar homepage and all the other copies out there, but this looks pretty cool.... your get your own 'scy scraper' in this million dollar state. Reminds me of the good old sim city games.

www DOT milliondollarstate DOT com

[Edited to add: bah, just realised my posted sounded like spam... im not affiliated in any way with this site, etc etc. Just thought it looked cool]

Seen 100's of that ... I've got a great variation, need a programmer (US) who will sign an NDA, who's up to it?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

(while sort of on topic)... anyone here want 'milliondollarminutes DOT com'? I registered it during the whole 'pixel craze' thinking i'd do a variation where i sell 'time' (i.e. minutes).

Clearly I never got around to it and don't see any point to having this domain in my portfolio. Anyone want it?

Rogi, if you work off the hot or not / 15 minutes fame type mentality it could work ... a modeling type audition site????
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Seen 100's of that ... I've got a great variation, need a programmer (US) who will sign an NDA, who's up to it?
    I woke up with a great idea along this theme too but no way could I program or even figure out how to program or develop such a site. Tried to figure it out but created a big mess. LOL

I even tried registered the domain name through Go Daddy but the damn thing didn't seem to go through. Go Daddy sent me to a pre-payment agreement page at PayPal and that was the end of the registration. When I went back to check, the domain name was still available. Grrrrrrrrr - I ended up giving up on the whole idea. I have too many other things in the works. I still love my idea, though. It's a winner. But I know I won't be able to figure out how to structure it or program it.

A good programmer would make a killing on all our creative ideas that we can't implement. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I don't think you need any complex programming...
    ie. on that million dollar state website, you just gotta do the artwork ( the city ) and image map the thing when making the links.
    Eh?
    Then just update it whenever people buy more buildings.

In Dreamweaver you don't even need to use image maps.

-Just do up a table 1000 rows/pixles high by 1000 colums-pixles wide.
    -To add the graphics just high light the cells & merge them.
    -Drop in the graphic.
    -Click the graphic and add the link using the properties panel.
    -Save and upload the new page and new graphics.

Really not hard or that time consuming.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Game on, send it over...Ah.... US... Hmm... okay not quite got that covered...

Anyone interested on a script for selling pixels can go to this site and read all the features that the script has, just put the URL together and visit the site below:

.milliondollarscript
    .com

The PHP Script cost $50 USD, so go to that site and read what else you can do with that script, it looks ok to me, but I don't know if I would buy one later because I am too busy learning something else for now.

Sal.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I can recommend a UK programmer Let me know if you want to get in touch with him
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    In Dreamweaver you don't even need to use image maps.

-Just do up a table 1000 rows/pixles high by 1000 colums-pixles wide.
    -To add the graphics just high light the cells & merge them.
    -Drop in the graphic.
    -Click the graphic and add the link using the properties panel.
    -Save and upload the new page and new graphics.

Really not hard or that time consuming.
    I tried doing something like this in Front Page - Ended up with what would be a blight on the Internet. BIG MESS. My idea is also different than just adding graphic spots.

I really don't have time to devote to this insanity nor do I know how to create the damn page. but my idea would fly and I know how to market it, especially to my current traffic. It's universal in appeal, too. I'm jazzed about the idea, just have no idea how to implement it.

We have to give credit to Alex Tew who got our creative juices flowing, plus he rocks. Gotta love someone who takes an idea, flies with it and makes it happen.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Ended up with what would be a blight on the Internet.
    That's what Mr tews page looks like.
    Only we know the beauty behind such a mess of a banner farm.

Good luck with your project. I know that buring feeling that makes your brain ich!

That's what Mr tews page looks like.
    Only we know the beauty behind such a mess of a banner farm.

Good luck with your project. I know that buring feeling that makes your brain ich!
    Thanks Cursal, had to give it up. I have too many other fires burning and making my brain itch as it is. But it's fun coming up with the ideas. Especially waking up with the idea in my head. Those have proven to be winners every time, that's why I hate to bail on this one but there's just so much one person can do.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Animal Lover
    I think the problem he had with the pixel images was that as the number of ads grew, it took forever to load up the page because it had to add all those little pixels of banners plus links one at a time - so eventually he had to go with the update the page with the banner, save the whole page as one image and then just map the links. It was a great idea though and kudos to him for thinking of it.

cheers,
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

it took forever to load up the page because it had to add all those little pixels of banners plus links one at a time
    Well I should have checked the coded page of Of Mr. Tew.
    Right-o Oscar. One big image loads much faster, when it's mapped out. Strange thing is, I never thought spiders would read/follow the image map links....well, that's what it was was like 5 years ago.

Maybe browsers and spiders can read and follow mapped links now.!?

Without a spider-abled link there would be no PR adjustment and the value would be worth, well less.

hmmmmm I will have closer look at his code when I have the time.

Keep at the ideas Rexanne....I love that creative "burn" that goes with it. Keeps me up at nights.

I don't think Mr. Haiko is looking for an out of the box script... I can smell him thinking from here...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I ran into an interesting way to generate a bit of income on non converting sites. Check out www.unemployedloser.com . On the left side of the home page is an 'advertising for placement' script, where the more you pay, the higher up you appear on his advertising column. So, one buck will get you a semi-permanent inbound link, which generates a bit of interest. If you are not in the top 100 or so, you get bumped off the page. The idea being, as the site grows in importance, advertisers will jockey for position on the page.

Anyways, maybe not a huge earner, but I have a few sites a script like that could find a home for.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I have something similar online
    I can't say where, obviously, as it would be spamming, but I have a trademark name for it and it consists of, at the moment, six hundred and seven 88 x 31 banners in rows 10 columns wide and was built in FrontPage.

It exists as a convenience to visitors of the larger site to which it as attached and is like a Quick Reference page or a kind of graphical site map but, believe me, it took me days to create, not hours, and I'm pretty experienced.

Because the banners are served by several different hosts, the page actually loads quite fast. Bear in mind that this particular layout is my copyright but one could doubtless do something similar.

Strange thing is, I never thought spiders would read/follow the image map links....well, that's what it was was like 5 years ago.

Maybe browsers and spiders can read and follow mapped links now.!?

Without a spider-abled link there would be no PR adjustment and the value would be worth, well less.
    They may or may not be able to. There's also a page with a list of all of the advertiser links, sorted by the biggest blocks first.

Also, it's not necessarily the PageRank that people want. The traffic and publicity are a larger factor.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread