Linkshare / Cj Feed question
    Hi,
    once I download /insert the feeds on my database, how can I associate the stores on the feeds with those I have on my site? For example, SomeStore.com might be called Some Store and have ID #235 on my database. I'm not sure CJ and Linkshare do the ID thing and if I do manually (e.g, linking Linkshare's ID#51 to Buy.com on MY DB,) will Linkshare's ID change? Basically, how do I tell my existing script to pull mystore.com products for my mysite.com/somestore.php page? I already have a database and site and the stores have a lot of info; I now want to add products for those who have feeds.

any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Where did you get your script? Your question is to vague to answer.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Hi Suzi,
    sorry for being vague, it's not on purpose...I was born this way

Let me try again. My script is custom made and very flexible: I can insert any plugin that queries any database and outputs the results wherever I want to on the template. The problem is that I don't know how the linkshare /cj feeds come and in what order are the entered in database.

For example: On my domestications.php page, how can I query the feeds' db for some products from Domestications, when the name and ID that CJ assigned to that store might be different from mine? Is it better to create a table and manually link a Feed ID or name with, let's say, store ID #50 on my database, or can it be done on the fly?

I'm not sure how hard it is, and before I pay the programmer I would like to know if there's a reliable way to do this. I rather have it automated, or do it once with very few modifications. If the names and IDs change weekly or so, it may not be worth...

thanks again,

I only use CJ so I'll give my take on their database process.

What CJ does is give you access to individual stores database in a file that you insert into your database.

You can request multiple stores and with CJ will send you One file with all the stores you request, or you can login to their ftp and get the file. You don't have access to all stores automatically. Their are some universal fields like sku, name, buyurl, etc...
    BUT alot of merchants use the fields differently so you have to analyze how they lay out thier datastructure.

Thats bout all i got for you right now I've got 2 kids begging for gingerale...

HTH some...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread