Best way to market with articles....
    Hi all-

I have had some decent success with writing articles and submitting them to article directories etc. I have been thinking that I would like to write some articles for affiliate products through clickbank and then sue the resource box at the bottom of the article to promote my affiliate clickbank product.

I know really nothing new for you all out there I am just slow to arrive at the party and figure things out.

I know the best thing to do would be to register a domain name for each product, have a landing page and give away a free report to collect the browsers email address. This is something I might do in the futre but in the mean time I want to see what kind of sucess I will even have witht his before diving in to deep. So this was my thinking I would just like to promote a product through articles only to track the click through ratio and sales ratio and see if it is effective for me first.

So after a long description here is my question. How should I best include the affialite link in the resource box? I have read here and a few other places minimally about cloaking links, redirects and all kinds of other thigns I don;t really get yet. Can someone explain to me the best and quickest way to add the link in the resource box? Sure it might not be bullet proof and I could lose some sales etc but I am looking for a quick yet decent way of doing this. Also are there any problems witht he serach engines using redirects etc?

Last but not least I notice that www.ezinearticles.com will not allow affiliate links. Is this true for most of the other article sites and if so what have people done? Can I register one generic domain that holds all of my articles and then has the link to the aff. program? What is the best way to market aff. products through clickbank using articles?

Thanks
    Ichibanda

If you like to promote products via written articles, why don't you start a blog on your own domain? You don't have to call it a "blog" but that essentially is what it will be.

You can submit your publication for free syndication via the award-winning news aggregation portal NewsNow if your articles are that good:
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/publishers/

The blog idea is great, but if you don't have much traffic to it, it won't help you very much.
    I know some article sites let you put aff. links in the content. Constant content lets you put up to 3 links in a (free) article. I'm not sure if aff. links are allowed there though.

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    The blog idea is great, but if you don't have much traffic to it, it won't help you very much.
    I know some article sites let you put aff. links in the content. Constant content lets you put up to 3 links in a (free) article. I'm not sure if aff. links are allowed there though.
    That's why I suggested NewsNow. A blog publisher can go to

and follow the steps so that when the blog is updated it will get publicity.

I like the idea....
    Just to make sure I understand. You think I should register a generic domain like free-info.com or something that would fit all kinds of categories or topics. Then set up a blog. Publish my aritcles with links back to blog where I have also posted the article or some type of landing page of sorts. Then use an affiliate link in that blog entry?

That is not a half bad idea. It seems like blogs can get traffic pretty fast even from search engines. I have two blogs and both rose to a apge rank of four in a month or so. I submitted to some directories and especially blog specific directories. Then pretty quickly I had a pr 4 blog.

I have been using article-marketer.com to publish my articles. They submit articles to tons of places which is great. However I can not filter or pick out certain sites. SO it is kind of a wide destribution and if I put in affiliate links directly the articles probably won;t get accepted or added anywhere. Also I was reading more all over about google and how it is banning thin affiliate website an etc. So I was hesitant to use redirects, or landing pages in the traditional sense.

Maybe a blog is the way to go. It is a grea tway to keep track of all the articles and keep things organized into categories, updates easily and easier to get some good publicity.

That sounds good.

Thanks
    Ichibanda

Any other ideas, hints or tips from other article marketers out there?

What is usually the topic of your articles? You'll want a domain name that includes the idea -- or perhaps doesn't?

As an example there is a blog entitled, "Boing Boing" and just about every little thing that Boing Boing does finds its way into NewsNow. Take a look:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?search=boing&x=0&y=0

How would you like your blog to be indexed by NewsNow? That portal has millions of readers from all over the world.

I actually found this forum by following links from an article in NewsNow about Internet Advertising.

If you own the domain you have a better chance of being able to display advertisements in your blog as opposed to using Blogspot -- a domain owned by Blogger/Google.
    Last edited by Rhia7; January 31st, 2006 at 01:21 AM.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    If you like to promote products via written articles, why don't you start a blog on your own domain? You don't have to call it a "blog" but that essentially is what it will be.

You can submit your publication for free syndication via the award-winning news aggregation portal NewsNow if your articles are that good:
    I don't understand why it would be good to have a blog here. Do you mean just in his specific case? What about articles say on woodworking that just point back to the owner site that has a catalog? I saw several articles on the various article repositories that said on the about the author section (example only) "so and so is a veteran woodworker and webmaster of someDiscountWoodStuffDotCom site" When you click on that site it is a catalog of stuff, which was clearly affiliate. Is that an okay way to market? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    I don't understand why it would be good to have a blog here. Do you mean just in his specific case? What about articles say on woodworking that just point back to the owner site that has a catalog? I saw several articles on the various article repositories that said on the about the author section (example only) "so and so is a veteran woodworker and webmaster of someDiscountWoodStuffDotCom site" When you click on that site it is a catalog of stuff, which was clearly affiliate. Is that an okay way to market? Thanks.
    I gave NewsNow's link to BoingBoing as an example
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?search=boing&x=0&y=0

BoingBoing writes interesting threads. Some of BoingBoing's blog entries will be about products but not necessarily every post. Whether or not BoingBoing is promoting a product, BoingBoing's posts are usually worth reading.

Anyone who wishes to promote a blog would most likely enjoy the exposure of that well read portal (I'm talking about a listing in http://www.newsnow.co.uk/).

In terms of your woodworking example, usually blogs found in NewsNow (and there might be exceptions) will have a substantial article. The blog post will be interesting enough to inspire the reader to want to find out more. If the post is not that interesting no one will click an additional url to find out more.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Some people personally contact the owner of relevant websites asking about contributing an article and including a small profile and link back at the bottom. Those can be very personalized (especially for SEO purposes), and look much more legitimate than ones that are "widespread" by some of the questionable sources popping up nowadays.

Well, after close to a dozen URL drops to newsnow in this thread, I finally took a look and then checked their backlinks at Yahoo.

I am not wild about so many homepage links back to them, and linking back seems to be a requirement. I haven't checked the site code out yet, but I'm not overly impressed. Maybe because I've been seeing so many "article submission" and distribution sites springing up lately, like with the "directories" craze a while back, before the search engines got wise and hit them for it - and it couldn't help but be noticed, with all the forum posts that search engineers can easily read.

Just like with directories, we're probably wise to use discretion and be selective. There's some quality out there, but not all are. The more individualized and unique anything is the better.

It worked for Boing Boing
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Boing Boing is all over the web from all kinds of places. WE are not Boing Boing.

I tried the NewsNow thing a few months ago...had to put a link back to them on my blog.

Checking my logs, I never recieved a referral from them in that time so I pulled the link.

My blog updates almost every day w/original content, but maybe the quality not up to their standards. I did notice they concentrate on UK content.

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    I tried the NewsNow thing a few months ago...had to put a link back to them on my blog.

Checking my logs, I never recieved a referral from them in that time so I pulled the link.

My blog updates almost every day w/original content, but maybe the quality not up to their standards. I did notice they concentrate on UK content.
    The content doesn't have to be UK related. Their policy is located here:
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/publishers/policy.html
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    ROFLMAOOOO.... Getting closer and closer to the dozen mark! You telecommute for them?

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    ROFLMAOOOO.... Getting closer and closer to the dozen mark! You telecommute for them?
    NewsNow is a great news portal. It automatically searches 22425 news sources every 5 minutes
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Rhia, I am curious, do you actually use them for your sites?

Is it 100% necessary that this should be an affiliate link? Because I'd suggest making a landing page/landing site and this page (via your affiliate link on it) helps you to close the sale and get commissions.

So, if landing page or landing site is ok for you, then the problem is away. You just use the resource box to promote your site URL and score on proper keywords in link anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichibanda
    Last but not least I notice that www.ezinearticles.com will not allow affiliate links. Is this true for most of the other article sites and if so what have people done? Can I register one generic domain that holds all of my articles and then has the link to the aff. program? What is the best way to market aff. products through clickbank using articles?
    Thanks
    Ichibanda
    [LEFT][B]Good partners = top positions[/B]
    see screenshots with [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]PROOFS[/url]
    [url=www.autolinkexchanger.com]Automatic Reciprocal Links Exchange Script[/url]
    [url=www.profitlinking.com]Link exchange service[/url] - best price in the industry + [url=www.profitlinking.com/free-service-contest.htm]free contest[/url][/LEFT]

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread