Thread: Betty stepped in it again......

Betty stepped in it again......
    Victor,

Someday, you guys are going to get your ducks in a roll....

I am not chastizing you for any other reason other then you the fact that I just got "reamed" by a potential customer .. for having a lower price on my site then you have on yours...

If you are going to raise your prices.. with no notication to your affiliates you need to offer us access to a live feed so our prices are always correct...

I list prices because I believe it makes a difference with my shoppers.. that when they hit my product page they know how much an item costs... they dont haveto go diggin around to find the price so they can decide if they will buy from me...

So when i am showing a wrong price because I dont know the price is wrong.. not only does it make me look bad... but irates my shoppers.

the other issue is on your website it says all products in the outdoor and sheds category are shipped free... yet when my customer added the item to the cart it added a 12.95 shipping charge... in fact on the product it says "Qualifies for Flat Rate Shipping." whatsupwithat...

Please carify this for me...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

maybe that's the flat rate?

anyway, I use the PSC for some pages and put a disclaimer right at the top: "Prices were correct at time of publishing but please click the links and check at the merchant site."

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    maybe that's the flat rate?

anyway, I use the PSC for some pages and put a disclaimer right at the top: "Prices were correct at time of publishing but please click the links and check at the merchant site."
    I had the same on my pages... but for some reason they dont show... must be a coding error...

I did come up with a solution to this probelm... since i am not the first person to complain about it...

Javascript... convert all the prices to Javascript snipets... this way when there is a price because all prices are pulled form the betty database the are always correct..

I have a PL vitamin partner who uses this method and it works great... because i have static pages and all my products are "permenant" products...
    the only change is the price of products and shipping.. I use javascript to keep both current..

With an inventory are large as the one Betty markets it just makes sense... It would elimenate this problem once and for all...

I always put a disclaimer like this at the bottom of each datafeed page:

"Prices and availability are subject to change, but were current as of 03:50:01am CT on 1/22/06."

The date and time are the timestamp from the latest datafeed file I've processed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We could probably come up with a item/price file that we push out nightly to a directory on our site that you can use to update with.

Would that be useful?

Separately, we pushed up our Q1 product catalog late last week and we typically wait a few days before releasing the affiliate feed. This gives us a few days to debug pricing should there be any issues. We also are waiting on a few thousand more items to add into Q1, and then we will pop out the feed. Because of that, and because there were lots of price increases industrywide this quarter, the price deviations from our website to your website are probably going to be the most pronounced during this several day period. It should go away as soon as you update to Q1 feed, but as we inch along the quarter we do have some price changes along the way, and your feed will slowly deteriorate in accuracy, so the daily price update may be a good solution.

Regards,
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

You should get the dynamic psc from Akiva as well as the static, that would be a good start. Maybe updating the feed in sections would be quicker and easier for you, because once a quarter sucks because there are always stuff that the prices are different on. I pay for traffic, so it REALLY irks me.

We could probably come up with a item/price file that we push out nightly to a directory on our site that you can use to update with.

Would that be useful?
    yes it would...

it would be even better if it was dynamic and part if the quarterly feed... so we (i) could set and forget till the next quarter comes around... the thing the twisted me is(was) Betty's prices raise and its 10 or 30 days latter we get access to the feed to update our sites.....

what further upsets me is my shedz uniques are the highest them have ever been and I have no sales this months... I have to wonder if this is the cause... I had been converting is in the 20-30% range of click throughs to the merchant (Betty) and at a solid 5% of all my visitors per month were sales

now if I were one of those affilaites who never upgraded feeds.. that would be one thing... but I am one who always upgrades the day the new feed is available

Joe

>>>what further upsets me is my shedz uniques are the highest them have ever been and I have no sales this months... I have to wonder if this is the cause... I had been converting is in the 20-30% range of click throughs to the merchant (Betty) and at a solid 5% of all my visitors per month were sales<<<

so, let's ask here about shed coupons for affiliates. I saw one on the main site today.

Affiliate Coordinator
    We are currently running a promotion on some of our Arrow Sheds. This promotion will run through the end of Feb, and the creative is available to you under creative # 1145088. This button also links to the promotional page for the shed promotion. You should also be able to find this information in an email that we sent out a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Selling!

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Christensen
    We are currently running a promotion on some of our Arrow Sheds. This promotion will run through the end of Feb, and the creative is available to you under creative # 1145088. This button also links to the promotional page for the shed promotion. You should also be able to find this information in an email that we sent out a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Selling!
    That banner would be better if it said you actually had to order this rack and then you get the coupon.

You should get the dynamic psc from Akiva as well as the static
    I second that: it would be a really nice addition. I use dinamic psc for other merchants, and they work very well.

Any chance you'd give it some thought?

Definately will ping Akiva and find out more.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

13. Newsletter Signup