Smile Gauging interest in iPod/MP3 player service
    We would like to see how much interest affiliates would have in advertising our product. We make personalized news podcasts that are combined and downloaded to a persons computer where they can upload it to an iPod or MP3 player. The customer decides the type of news they want, how many minutes they want to download, and when they want the download to occur. Our site is taldia.com. Please visit our site and let us know what you think.

Our price is $4.95 per month, $24.95 for six months and $44.95 for a year of service. We are still working out what the commission structure should be based on those prices.

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 23rd, 2006 at 12:48 AM. Reason: removed hotlink

SO I go to the site, look at the flash screen (which drives +80% away - dump it) and then land on the FP ... look at Latest Headlines column and click on a link ... "expecting to hear it" and ...

Umm if your selling a subscription service for RSS to speach why the fudge wouldn't you let me test it on your own site with real feeds?

Now that I'm still waiting for a audio thingie (on page http://www.taldia.com/index?story=88366138 ) I can't easily navigate to what the F you people sell, is this on purpose? Aren't you selling something?

Also no where do I really see a sales page ... B2C ... HELP!

... get a GUI and a plan and then work it, need help? I'll be more than willing to.

Then open a program.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 23rd, 2006 at 01:12 AM.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

BTW, yes the shoot would sell like hotcakes, even more so if you did tracking on listeners and how long they listened for, but that's more exe not html.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Haiko,

I appreciate your candor. We may have focused too much on look versus functionality. We are a new service and still adjusting our site.

I'd be curious to see what type of sales page you would like to see.

orster,

A very wise man said to me once, SELL, SELL, SELL and if your not selling in AM your not living, and orster you ain't. I'd be more than happy to run this on a call for free, if not then I'm sure others will chime in also.

My tell is in the whois for the site abestweb.com and yes, my impetus for the candor is just to help you and affs earn more and help.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Feedback wanted...
    Haiko or anyone else with constructive feedback,

It is apparent we need some feedback from experts in selling. Our site, and concept is something that isn't really being done anywhere else...(that I'm aware of). We take 24/7 text news feeds from the Associated Press and other sources and assign the top stories to our professional voiceover talent who, each night read the stories and upload the mp3 files to our servers. Our customers use our website to decide what type of news they want and when they want it. The customer downloads our client software that will automatically download the correct custom audio news whenever our customer decides. This is quite different than a regular podcast...where you can't decide how much content and when it needs to be delivered.

Essentially our service provides the daily newspaper each day in audio format. Commuters and users of iPods and MP3 players are our key target customers.

I've been thinking about Haiko's post and feel it includes some good points. I will be talking with the rest of management about dropping the flash intro. I also will suggest we make it easier for potential customers to figure out how to buy our service. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Your lack of any sales page is bad news. Your product is essentially something somebody can read for free, so your sales page has to be top notch. Not just four lines of blurb to get them to register for a demo.

To begin with I thought, "hey great.. a place I can outsource the development of my podcast to". I'm think lots of people would jump on that, affiliates and podcast publishers. I have a friend who was recently brought to fame with her podcast... she reads short stories. If things ever got too much for her she could outsource it - send the text to you guys and you could read it every night.. upload it and deliver it to her subscribers.

BUT.... that's not what you do, is it?

You are a subscription service for podcast listeners? Am I right? Who want to listen to newspapers in audio. And you supply your own custom podcast software.. I guess so you can learn about your demographic.

I'm assuming what you guys do. That is the bad thing. It needs to be clear in text on the page. And tell us how much it costs for every party. With that type of information affiliates will know exactly what you sell, and how best to promote it on their websites, newsletters, podcasts etc.

If you do provide an outsourcing service.. I'd be interested. If you don't - damn I just gave away a great idea!

We can produce other peoples podcasts...
    buy-tees,

Thanks for your feedback. It is very helpful to get some objective opinions of our site.

Yes, we do offer to produce podcasts for people and deliver the audio if they desire. Obviously we need to make this more clear on our site.

Our target market include those people who don't have time to read the paper, but DO have time to listen to the news. Our service enables users to customize the type of news they want when they want it. For example, if I'm mostly interested in just business news for 45 minutes each morning, I can specify that on our website and that is what will be delivered. Surveys we've conducted show that traveling salespeople are very interested in this type of service.

Haiko
    Haiko,

We would like to take you up on your offer of providing more feedback on our site layout. Could we e-mail, IM, or call you?

Thanks!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread