Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Group Asks FTC to Stop Software Developer (180Solutions)
    NEW YORK - A nonprofit technology group asked the Federal Trade Commission on Monday to stop a software developer from allowing "deceptive and unfair" methods in distributing products that generate online pop-up ads.

Although the Center for Democracy and Technology acknowledged that the developer, 180solutions Inc. of Bellevue, Wash., has responded to its complaints over the past two years, the group said the company has made only "minor" improvements.

"While they were willing to root out individual cases as we brought them to their attention, we were getting new complaints about new bad installations at an almost equal rate," said David McGuire, a CDT spokesman. "It seems their business model is just flawed."

You can read the rest here...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060123/...MwBHNlYwM3Mzg-
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Some magical s

In a statement, 180solutions said it shares CDT's "vision of protecting the rights and privacy of consumers on the Internet" and looks forward to continuing a dialogue that already has led to "voluntarily improvements to address every reasonable concern that the CDT has made us aware of."
    Now would be a good time for all affiliates that have been affected by parasites to contact the author of this article and also FTC spokeswoman Claudia Bourne Farrell.

AP Writer Anick Jesdanun can be reached at netwriter(at)ap.org

Claudia Bourne Farrell (202) 326-2181 (Could not find an email)

If every affiliate writes and calls it could make an impact and possibly create more interest in the workings of companies like 180solutions. Companies like this can only hide their deciet when no one drags them kicking and screaming into the light.

I just called the FTC and left a message and I plan on calling again to see if I can get a live person
    Last edited by zendozen; January 23rd, 2006 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Made the call to the FTC

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    In April 2005, I contacted the CDT and showed them how 180solutions was allowing abuse of several government websites and also abuse perpetrated against the CDT's site itself. I posted movies of it all as well:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...&postcount=162

Not only does 180's adware beg for abuse by crimnals, but it's very nature disregards intellectual property rights of website owners and also the legitimate work their organizations perform to bring interested traffic to their websites.

You can't hand out Burger King coupons inside a McDonalds, but that's exactly what 180's business model does allow people to do - and it allows them to shield their identity while doing it.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wan't www.bargainbandit.com one of the 180Solution/Exact Advertising new BHO sites? Seems that whole group is offline right now? Strike at 180Solutions and all those paying to ride their theftware train. They are enablers of affiliate thieves and system infestation experts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

So how many affiliates has called or written? How about keeping a running total with a post here?

Quote Originally Posted by zendozen
    So how many affiliates has called or written? How about keeping a running total with a post here?
    SO FAR... this thread has not had the action and comments from much of anyone. I guess 180 is not causing problems anymore
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

SO FAR... this thread has not had the action and comments from much of anyone. I guess 180 is not causing problems anymore
    I wouldn't say that poopie, I think they are just getting very clever at hidding the fact that they are still stealing our comish and the "average" computer user (like me) does not have the knowledge to know if/how it is being done now, but rest assured I'm pretty certain they are still at it just like the rest of the parasites are.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Hey Gordon,

I was being facetious. Usually news like this gets the affiliates and merchants giving praise about the news and being more interested in contributing to a thread such as this. I think we are becoming jaded and and it's just another parasite getting it hands wacked.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Here's another article on the same topic:

http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3579576

This article appears to be worded more strongly and provides some additional details.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread