Can I get a response from some of our affiliates?
    I posted repeated comments. I just wanted to get some response from some of our affiliates. Please repsond in you are already an affiliate or are interested in becoming an affiliate.

Thank you.

Not sure what you are referring to but I am one of your affiliates, since December 2005 - where are the comments to which you refer - it would help if you mentioned the thread to look on...

If you look on the first page where you find this thread you will find two more right under it. What site do you have?

Several that form part of Linnet Woods Associates, including LWA US Shopping Mall, just opened. Can't post URL here, obviously, and not allowed to use PM system here yet...

Have you use our product feed yet? And how is our program working out for you?

No, I haven't tried your product feed, or anyone else's yet, I am having to create a set of sub-pages, one for each department, to carry data feeds, special offers, coupons etc, in order to avoid making the mall cluttered and messy - it's a 2D layout - but will be having a go at all the available ones for my merchants, as quickly as I can, just as soon as that is in place.

I would love to see an approval date added to the merchant listings so I can tell whether I have already collected a particular merchant's links and used them or not - I get so many notifications by e-mail that it is easier, with networks that offer this facility, to go to the network interface and call up a list of all my approved merchants and then put it in reverse date order of approval to see who has approved me since the last time I looked, at a glance.

I like most things about the ShareASale interface though.

I am not really sure what you mean in your second paragraph

Sorry - I didn't mean to be vague
    Most of the networks include a column in their affiliate's merchant database/relationship list called Approval Date. So, if I apply to merchant X on 4th December and he finally gets around to approving my site on the 27th of January, I find out that he is now one of my merchants because I review the list in reverse Approval Date order, i.e. most recently approved at the top.

At ShareASale, I have to rely on an e-mail telling me that a merchant has approved me at long last. Apart from the fact that this will be one of a great many e-mails on any given day, it may not be convenient to me to log onto ShareASale right in the middle of working through my inbox.

At some of the other networks, I can log in and see who has approved me since the last time I logged in by looking at the approval date. Thus I can get links for my new merchants online as soon as possible.

Another facility that I really like at some of the other networks is being able to choose a graphic size and some keywords and see what material there is available between all my merchants for a particular theme e.g. 'All Merchants; in the 'links from whom' slot. '125 x 125' in the size slot and 'Valentine' in the keywords slot. Hit 'Find' and you get all the banners of the size you want to work with that have a Valentine's Day theme listed together.

My advice to any network manager would be to start a small affiliate site and sign up to one merchant each from every network going, to find out what is good and bad about everyone's services, including your own, from the affiliate's point of view. Just pick a topic you are interested in and choose appropriate merchants to apply to. It could be fun and you might even make a little cash on the side!

I think it would make all the networks stronger if they learned from one another in that way - there is room in the industry for everyone who is in it right now and you are all so different that there is no danger of ending up being all the same just because you adopt each other's best practices.

Mendy - I stumbled across some of the threads you started in the past week or so and when I finally realized that you were a cell phone program, I took a look and joined. My biggest reason for joining is that my current merchant just isn't converting and it's one area where I get some decent natural search.

Here's the problem. Your merchant details in SAS clearly state a commission rate, although the little "come join us" blurb says that commission can vary if you produce enough traffic. OK so far, but a little vague.

I get my welcome letter and open it this morning and it says. Our current payment structure defaults to $1 per sale but we will custom design a commission structure for you depending on how well you do?

Is this why you are so vague when you communicate? So you can write the script as you go along?

You've been begging for comments on your program so I am sharing my total frustration. When I first read through the various threads I saw a merchant who wasn't real familiar with the merchant / salesman relationship and how it works. Here's a place to start: Create a commission structure. Communicate it clearly and provide sales and fulfillment support where necessary to help your salespeople close.
    Pay them as agreed. Be prepared to reward top sales with higher commissions or bonuses.

Lose the "Let's see how you do and we'll decide how we're going to pay you." Every salesperson in the world has been burned by that one.

What 1 dollar what are you talking about?

Welcome to the SimonCells.com affiliate program.
    Our average sale is several hundred dollars so that means that you have great potential for hi income from this affiliate relationship.
    Our affiliate program defaults with $1.00 per sale, but, we will evaluate your site and traffic activity delivered to us from you and design a commission program that will surely satisfy you.

Thanks for joining,
    The SimonCells.com marketing team

That's the welcome letter I opened this morning.

I don’t know how long ago you received that but that was the initial commission rate we set, but we moved it up to 4% since then. That must be a really old email that you never opened. Go check out our program on shareasale and you can see our program specifics there.

I just posted this morning what happened.(and you responded above)

I joined LAST NIGHT. I received the email sometime between last night and this morning.

Never mind. It's not worth it.

Alright I am sorry about that. The welcome email has to be updated. Sorry about that

It's been updated. Sorry about the confusion.

I dont mean to be rude.
    but mendy , you need to get your act together.
    its not doing you any good.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Thank you, Mendy and thank you Neil !
    I probably came across as though I got up on the wrong side of the bed, too. (which I did) but it does get frustrating sometimes.

Appreciate the quick response, Mendy. That's worth something to affiliates, for sure.

NO, problem. I did not realize that that was not updated. Thank you for bringing it to my attention

You're welcome.
    I've been bouncing around ABW this morning and it must feel like beat up on Mendy day to you.
    This is an excellent group for learning your way around and finding out what destructive things to avoid. I see some people really trying to help you in your efforts. Once you've proven that you can listen, act, and respond, they'll all be there to cover your back when you need them.
    It IS all about relationships, but even in our instant internet world, relationships take time and effort.
    Welcome to our group. The absolute best thing you can do to make your program better is to work the store like you owned it and then come here and read, read, read, read, read.

Thanks I appreciate your comments.

ABW Ambassador
    4% at those prices !?!?!?!!

If you heard a noise, that was me falling off my chair.

Mendy, have you researched what the going rate is?

Chet

Still off doing research, no doubt.

chetf
    chetf,

I always look forward to seeing your posts. They are mostly funny...and always entertaining.

Thanks for the laughs!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread