Lightbulb Pre-built affiliate websites
    Have searched throughout here and simply cannot find info on the following.

Looking for affiliate programs/companies that build or provide webpages for you.
    Basically so they are 'pre-built', simply add info and go! A portal of some sort.

Are there any out there?

Template based or whatever.

I remember years back (maybe it's still happening) where, say 'pharma' sites, were offering FREE websites to anyone who was willing to market and promote it.

A friend of mine spends big $$$ on ads in papers and would like something simple to try marketing without having to build the actual website.

Thanks greatly!

The problem with pre-built sites is they often only promote a single merchant. I'm a strong advocate for variety and value. If you're only offering information from a single website, what value do you have over that website? But there are tools that allow you to promote multiple merchants, so you might want to look into those. I've heard good things about GoldenCan and some of the PSC tools available here. You still need to add your own content, but these can provide useful product data to accompany your content.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    antonio, What you are looking for will not work and does nothing to help this industry. If you want to try it and see for yourself that's fine but whatever you do DO NOT spend money on some pre-built/populated site..

Gary M

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just add water and spam the crap out of the SERPs. Tailor made for the 3rd world affiliates who can't write english sentences and pre-sell product spin. Raising the bar for entry into affiliate marketing is the prerequisit in 2006.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Raising the bar for entry into affiliate marketing is the prerequisit in 2006.
    Absolutely..Enough is enough!!

Gotcha - Thanks for the info!

What he was thinking was spending money on local ads to point to that page/site, so that he does not have to get involved in the actual production of the site.

Say if his market is already 'widgets', and there was a 'widget' affiliate related to what he is currently doing offering such a system, then all he would need to do is drive traffic to the site though print, tv and such.

Then again, now that I think of it, if he's spending that much $$$ on ads, why not just register and build your own 1 pager. Good input - thx again

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Whatever you do, before spending enough money for a TV ad (or other majorly expensive ad campaign), the first thing to do is make sure that merchant is going to pay!! Just send some PPC traffic at first--enough to make a few sales, but don't spend a whole lot--until you know that the place knows how to cut checks.

A big ad campaign on an untested merchant is Murphy's Law just waiting to kick in.

Also, remember that in order to get paid, sales have to be tracked. Using your own site allows your Tracking Link to be attached to all the traffic going in. If you send it direct to a merchant without a tracking link, they'll just wonder where the traffic spike came from, and you'll have no way to prove it was from you!

Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Have searched throughout here and simply cannot find info on the following.

Looking for affiliate programs/companies that build or provide webpages for you.
    Basically so they are 'pre-built', simply add info and go! A portal of some sort.

Are there any out there?

Template based or whatever.

I remember years back (maybe it's still happening) where, say 'pharma' sites, were offering FREE websites to anyone who was willing to market and promote it.

A friend of mine spends big $$$ on ads in papers and would like something simple to try marketing without having to build the actual website.

Thanks greatly!
    Hi Antonio,
    At Mondera, we have launched a great new dynamic data feed tool: search engine- friendly AND dynamic and what’s better, without JavaScript. It’s 100% free and we’re covering all the development and distribution costs ..
    You will find more details on this link
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=66387
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Smile Pre-built affiliate websites
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    antonio, What you are looking for will not work and does nothing to help this industry. If you want to try it and see for yourself that's fine but whatever you do DO NOT spend money on some pre-built/populated site..

Gary M
    Hi Gary,

I'm curious to know what it is specifically about a pre-built affiliate site that wouldn't work well in your opinion? Let's say if the site promotes more than one merchant's products? I realize advertising could be tricky if you're in direct competition with the merchant, especially with PPC-- I'm searching along the same avenue as Antonio, so I'm very interested to hear your perspective, as a Marketing Manager! Thx!

-new member,
    Monica

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    One would think a pre built site would contain duplicate content which would hurt the merchant and render the pages meaningless.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

If a pre-built site worked well, don't you think the person selling the pre-built sites would be in the business of the site rather than in the business of selling pre-built sites?

If you buy a pre-built site, and there are hundreds or thousands of others with the exact same stuff, how are you going to distingish yourself as being any different or better? What's the value proposition that will attract new customers and keep them coming back?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Pre-built affiliate websites
    Thanks for the feedback I ran across a pre-built template with static affiliate products and links but the template is flexible so the owner may add original content and tailor the site to their own theme. I wonder if that still would not suffice for search engine listings and success as an affiliate marketer- Ever run across this model?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    If a pre-built site worked well, don't you think the person selling the pre-built sites would be in the business of the site rather than in the business of selling pre-built sites?

If you buy a pre-built site, and there are hundreds or thousands of others with the exact same stuff, how are you going to distingish yourself as being any different or better? What's the value proposition that will attract new customers and keep them coming back?
    Promotion will make the difference. It's as simple as that...

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread