Advice on Coupon "spamming"
    I like to issue coupons to my publishers, but always find them on others' sites without my permission. I know this happens a lot, but don't publishers know they can request a coupon of their own? I like to issue new codes to keep them separate. Is this not "the right way." Any tips from merchants or publishers alike as to how to keep coupons more separate? Or is this a losing battle?

Thanks, ~kmacbc

ABW Ambassador
    You can just tell your affiliates that if they post unauthorized coupons, that you won't pay commissions on them. How are you issuing the coupons? Are you talking about exclusive coupons? Or do you issue coupons that all of your affiliates can use?

I issue coupons all my affiliates could essentially use, but whether they receive the code directly from me is a different story. You mentioned withdrawing commissions on publishers who use an unauthorized coupon, but I usually just email that publisher directly. It's just a lot of maintenance and I don't want to harp on some and miss others.

I can see referring domains that stem from a sale using the coupon. I figured most publishers knew that so why would they risk posting a coupon in the first place?

I just read an article posted on ABW with coupon tips so that's been helpful. Thanks, kmacbc

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread