NetTraction
    I'm trying to make a decision between NetTraction and Kawabunga. I really need to know more about NetTraction. They are less expensive but I'm not sure I trust their product as much as Kowabunga. Any help would be appreicated.

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Hi there,

What exactly are you looking for? If you can give us a bit more detail, perhaps your criteria for selection based against your business objectives, it may help us with providing appropriate feedback!
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

NetTraction vs. Kowabunga
    I am looking for an affiliate management company who can oversee and consult with my jewelry website. We want the affiliate manager to find our affiliates, help us with the pricing decisions, basically run the show and of course bring in 10-20% more sales. We also want direct links to the site for SEO reasons.

Both companies say they can do this. I guess the bottom line is who can bring the most qualified affiliates.

Have you considered some of the OPMs here? I highly recommend Chris at AMWSO (if they don't have an exclusive arrangement with Mondera) and Andy at ARC. You don't want to make a decision without talking with those two first. I think either one of them will produce far better results for you.

I've had mixed results with NetTraction, as a super affiliate. I have only worked with one of their merchants. The affiliate manager was incredible, but the merchant had serious problems. Also, the datafeeds were atrocious, which was due to NetTraction's platform. The merchant had serious fulfillment and customer service issues and I received a lot of customer complaints. The affiliate manager at NetTraction was getting every complaint I sent to him resolved, but the core problem remained. I threatened to pull my links if things weren't resolved. The affiliate manager at NetTraction pulled customer service from the merchant and assigned it to an employee at NetTraction, but things didn't improved. I removed them from the site. A couple months later, the merchant's site went offline (and has remained offline). Miraculously, I got paid all outstanding commissions before they went under. They were still featured on NetTraction's web site as a top merchant for several months after they went offline.

I just noticed the press release on NetTraction's main page. Apparently they now classify themselves as "full-service affiliate directory submission company" (not an affiliate management company) and have partnered with ClixGalore.com (probably the most hated affiliate network ever).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Hi there,

Why don't you give me a call, we offer the services you're looking for and have the resources to manage your program end to end. My contact info is listed in my signature.

Cheers,
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Outsourced Program Manager
    NetTraction
    Hello BigOak and Friends,

NetTraction is a firm that specializes in Super Affiliate Recruitment and Management for both individual merchant programs and networks. We operate very uniquely within this space and through our partnerships can offer our clients exposure to all types of affiliates working within all areas of the affiliate community.

Our whole business model is centered around the philosophy of a Win-Win. We enable our clients to have complete control and flexibility over their programs and gain exposure within multiple networks.

We structure high quality partnerships on behalf of our clients that will enable them to develop a long term traffic annuity and not be bound by long term contracts. All of our services are month to month and modular. We have to earn their business each and every month.

Through our partners AffiliateAnnouncement.com and AffiliateTraction.com we can also offer tracking software and/or promotional services to increase their program's exposure.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like more details about our offerings and how we differ from others out there.

PS...Thanks for the kind words Michael

Thelo Aiken
    Director of Sales and Business Development
    (831)466-9321 ext. 201

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Kowabunga has been a great platform for me for many merchants. Those guys are serious about customer service and know what they're doing. They've got tools within their platform that can help you a lot. They post here regularly and address issues very quickly.

And I strongly urge you to re-read Michael Coley's first paragraph in his post above - that's excellent advice!

Nettraction decision making
    Gee I hope I got to ya before you chose Nettraction.

I've been with them for almost 6 months now and still can't get them to iron out my situtation. Lots of issues that I'm not happy about.

I decided that since I have been in sales and management most of my adult life and haveing managed large professional sales programs before, I was just going to do it myself. Which by the way was why I was hoping that I didn't have to do it again. I just wanted to over see it and guide the program, after all I paid for their services and pay for them every month to provide me with the answers to my questions so I can direct the rest of the sales efforts on my two sites and recruit for me.

If you have time give me a call and I'll tell you all about them and my experience with them.

Hi Ken,

In regards to NetTraction “ironing out your situation”… I believe this letter will do, just that.

Allow me to start at the beginning when you came to us with no affiliate program. No software, no affiliates, nothing. We launched your program from scratch.

You came and asked us to integrate with your eSellerate shopping cart solution. When you couldn’t place your tracking pixel, you asked us for suggestions on easy-to-use shopping cart solutions to switch to. We then gave you suggestions and let you choose.

You then chose PayPal and still couldn’t place your own tracking pixel. To ease your pixel placement issues, we had to have our tech, Matt, aid you in placing your pixel. This is a service we offer all clients for a small fee and something you could have chosen to do 2 months prior. However, went out of our way to do it for you for free to get you going.

That concluded your 2 month stint in AffiliateTraction, which has an average 2 week fulfillment process.

Now you were ready for affiliate recruitment. Like I said before, we ramped up your program from nothing. Case studies show that an average affiliate program takes 7 months to ramp up. NetTraction averages 3 months.

You started November 15, 2005 and below are the results we’ve achieved thus far:

You have 220 affiliates total. Ten percent are affiliates we’ve manually recruited and signed up into your AffiliateTraction in-house solution. The other 90% are affiliates running your offers in other networks we partner with.

It’s a widely known fact that the first month of affiliate recruitment is the hardest month to achieve results in. To counter this, the first month of NetTraction recruitment consists of our recruiters calling our partner networks and getting as many networks to run your offer as possible.

Here’s where we hit another speed bump. Your sheer lack of ability to place a tracking pixel left our partner networks unable to work with you. Again, we went out of our way and had our tech place your tracking pixels for you. We gave you over $1,000 worth of pixel placement for free. This is something we’ve never done for any client but felt it was worth it in order to ease any previous frustrations and to ramp up your program as quickly as possible.

With our recruiters doing a great job getting you affiliates, it was our affiliate manager’s job to keep them. Our affiliate managers kept your active affiliate ratio at 44% within AffiliateTraction and you averaged 18-34.8% within our partner networks. Ask any seasoned affiliate manager what the 80:20 rule is and you’ll know these numbers are unheard of.

Allow me to outline what we achieved for you since November 15, 2005

1. In-house tracking solution integrated with your shopping cart
    2. 220 affiliates running your offer
    3. 44% active affiliate ratio within your in-house solution
    4. 18-34.8% active affiliate ratio within our partner networks
    5. Over $1,000 in pixel placement allowing you to work with other networks

To top it all off, we have provided you with weekly reporting proving all of this.

Now allow me to outline what we were up against.

You are selling a spyware product. Anyone who Google’s “spyware” and clicks on the first result can download Ad-Aware for free. Call up any affiliate recruiter out there and ask for a realistic estimate on their success recruiting for a no-name spyware product.
    So where are we now? As of your slanderous post, we were working on setting up offers for your new spyware service, per your request.

I hope you’ve received our client cancellation letter and I know some great folks over at Kowabunga and Team Affiliate I could refer you to.

I invite you and anyone else with questions or concerns to call me at 831-466-9321 x 203 and I wish you good luck.

Thanks,

Eder

--

Eder Callejas
    Director of Marketing
    NetTraction.com
    (831) 466-9321 x 203
    eder[@]NetTraction.com

wow, is it just me or is that a lot of info to hand out?

Well you seem to have left at least one thing you didn't do for me....or more.....as of right now your software still can't tell me where the sale is coming from. Talk about my software all you want, talk about all your recruiting you want, but bottom line I am getting sales but I don't know who gets credit for senting them to me! Thanks but all your best efforts weren't even close. Enought said.

Hello,

Although it may seem like a lot of information to publicize, you must remember it was not our choice to come here and make it public.

Ken made no effort to pick up the phone and call us to resolve any issues. Instead he decided to make this public, giving us no choice but to publicly defend ourselves.

As for not being able to see the affiliates generating your sales… You’re welcome. We’re glad you appreciate the sales your affiliate program is generating for you.

Your concern may be relating to the partner affiliate networks we put you in. I cannot speak on the behalf of their tracking systems because I don’t know what software they’re using.

If in fact you are referring to AffiliateTraction… AffiliateTraction is a completely transparent affiliate tracking solution. You know who your affiliates are as well as their contact information and can track sales information right down to the IP address. For a full demo of the AffiliateTraction software call Thelo at 831-466-9321 x 201.

I hope “enough said” means the conclusion to this matter. I don’t want to address your personal concerns on a public forum any more than you do.

I welcome you to continue the discussion offlline. You can reach your recruiter, your manager, me or Seth at any time. You know where to find us.

Thanks,

Eder

--

Eder Callejas
    Director of Marketing
    NetTraction.com
    (831) 466-9321 x 203
    eder[@]NetTraction.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems like Florida Ken (home of NETorious scammers) tried to ramp up a dead un-competitive Anti-Spyware/Adware product ignoring the golden rule. You can't expect to have affiliates expending money,web space and time hawking traffic to some ripp off product that can't compete with Freeware.... when commissions don't even track.

Shame on NetTraction for not doing any due dilligence as to competitive nature of Ken's product and value to either affiliates or the general public.... before they accepted the $5000 and monthly 500.00 network fee. More typical Adwhore Koolaid gulped down by a hybred network, used to working with pixel/cookie cannon sleazebags of all flavors, seeing they could make money using their endless supply of 55 Gallon drums of cheap pig perfume. You should have kicked his program to the curb making him resort to the typical Anti-???whatever bogus S/W offerings... http://malwareremoval.com/plog/index...Id=94&blogId=3

I suggest you learn to Google prospective clients and competition ...ignoring your own SEO/SEM listings... to seek out prospective clients who actually are WIN-WIN. Your NetTraction/Affiliatetraction S/W solutions might be worldclass, but suffer when they are used to drive traffic to worthless merchants who even do damage to shoppers systems. You never mentioned Ken's program name but I see you actively promote "NoAdware" in this category. http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0....threadID=28383 It appears some Noadware affiliates actually add in Spyware & Adware to boost their earnings per download.

In 5 minutes research I'd recommend you use http://www.adwarereport.com/ to research this group of clients and maybe land a good one. It would be nice to see NetTraction's Eder post more often here as he does "tell it like it is". No problem... as we also aren't shy at throwing in our 2 cents.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by eder
    Hello,

Although it may seem like a lot of information to publicize, you must remember it was not our choice to come here and make it public.

Ken made no effort to pick up the phone and call us to resolve any issues. Instead he decided to make this public, giving us no choice but to publicly defend ourselves.

--

Eder Callejas
    Director of Marketing
    NetTraction.com
    (831) 466-9321 x 203
    eder[@]NetTraction.com
    You can easily defend yourself without giving out program specific information. Based on this post, I would never choose netTraction as a network provider. Not based on what Ken said, but what you did.

Too much info ... yes, but 10 points for the hairy balls factor ... there's passion there and that's what you need, no spin nor horse hockey .. only answers.

I won't comment on TeamAff (a closed and banned forum on ABW) nor MYAP (no forum).

Info can be edited per requests (email me) but the fact remains N.T. ain't MT (say it).
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread