Web Hosting affiliate programs…
    We have all heard the nightmare stories about reversals with all of the web hosting merchants… but it looks like iPowerWeb, Yahoo, and ixHosting all have an impressive EPC.

Does anyone care to share their experience with any of these merchants?

Thanks,

SP

SP,

I have received payments from iPowerWeb and Yahoo with no reversals that I know of.

I never had any luck with Hosting affiliates, (All reversals). Now I stay away from this industry and focus on other categories.
    About Yahoo Business hosting, they automatically reject me, because I am not from US. Yahoo affiliate manager don't have sense of business.

It never ceases to amaze me...
    ... how many otherwise intelligent and businesslike outfits seem to think that the country of domain registration is automatically the country from which the domain's visitors must come, as though websites were local offices.

Unless the webmaster goes to the trouble of making it clear that a site is intended for a local audience in a specific place, site visitors have no idea where in the world that webmaster or his/her colleagues are. My domains, for example, are registered in Spain, because that is where I am based at the moment. In 2001 it was the Azores, mid-Atlantic. In 1998 it was Trinidad and Tobago... I live on a schooner, we sail to a nice place and we stay there for a while. I work on board the boat in a cabin converted into a geek's paradise.

A large percentage of my site visitors are residents of the US. That may be because I have friends and relatives over there and they have helped to spread the word, or because more US residents are interested in the topics I cover than any other nation, or because I had no idea for the first few years that the language on my pages was "en-us" as a result of my having bought US software when I started out. Who knows why?

What is important is the geographic location of a website's audience, not it's owner! One would think that some of the big names would have figured that out for themselves, and a lot of them have, but it's amazing how many don't seem to have latched on yet...

bluehost,powweb,lunarpages,hostgator
    affiliates please share your experience, payment delays, reversals, etc.?
    thank you in advance
    web01

Quote Originally Posted by linnetwoods
    ... how many otherwise intelligent and businesslike outfits seem to think that the country of domain registration is automatically the country from which the domain's visitors must come, as though websites were local offices.
    Sad but true. Most US-based merchants reject affiliates with non-US mailing addresses automatically.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Angry
    My client click through my link to purchase a domain name from Ipower with an intention to purchase hosting if they serve them well.

First, the interface is worrying. There were option to create an account once my client was on their site, then there were no shopping cart style of purchase, just a blank field for you to enter your credit card information.

Once you confirmed the purchase of the domain, you risk losing the domain name because it is not real time. Worst yet, they requested my client to send them copies of their identification card just for a purchase of a domain name (reason being they're not in the US).

This was the last straw and even though the order went through, my client refuses to send in by fax and then by snail mail copies of their IDs just for a domain purchase.

Naturally, they retained their high EPC while we lose the order and our commission. Try and click through and see for yourself how unprofessional their site was.

I will never ever recommend them ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by SuccessPoint
    We have all heard the nightmare stories about reversals with all of the web hosting merchants… but it looks like iPowerWeb, Yahoo, and ixHosting all have an impressive EPC.

Does anyone care to share their experience with any of these merchants?

Thanks,

SP
    I'm promoting them but I'm moving to another market:

They have a good EPC but I think that this do not reflect the true value as they use to extend sales from immediate invalid credicard detected until the last second.

Ixwebhosting, powweb, Hostgator, etc: Extended 100% of the commissions - what produces a wrong EPC stat as they reverse a lot of commissions on the last second only.

Also They pay high commissions but a lot of them hide sales from commissions packages:

for example: iPowerWeb do not pay commissions for dedicated servers that I remember that it used to pay before (were 50% of the commissions)

other problems I has like Bluehost and HostMonster: Mr. Dan answered none of 4 of my mails that I sent him last month even I'm doing $4000 per month in commissions for his sites.

Powweb: has a nice support service but 20% of times the site is down.

etc etc

Affiliate Manager
    I've had good experiences with Hostgator, Dot5hosting, lunarpages and PowWeb.

Do you know if sale from HostMonster appear real time in report or appear days later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    Do you know if sale from HostMonster appear real time in report or appear days later ?

Real time - normally max of 3 hours after the transaction.

The HostMonster transaction did not show up in report then,
    don't understand why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    The HostMonster transaction did not show up in report then,
    don't understand why ?
    Do you mean sales? in this case how do you know that sales are occurring?

Please explain better what do you mean!!!

i placed an order for a friend i know

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread