Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Question Credit Card Fraud or Spam???
    In the last few days I have received emails from 3 different people wanting to know what their credit cards were charged for from one of my sites. However, that site does not contain a shopping cart or any other means for collecting personal information. Therefore, these people's cards could not have been charged from my site.

Has anyone else on this board ever seen such a problem? Is this just some new email scam, or could the site be being hacked some way, or what?

I am totally lost on this one. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    In the last few days I have received emails from 3 different people wanting to know what their credit cards were charged for from one of my sites. However, that site does not contain a shopping cart or any other means for collecting personal information. Therefore, these people's cards could not have been charged from my site.

Has anyone else on this board ever seen such a problem? Is this just some new email scam, or could the site be being hacked some way, or what?

I am totally lost on this one. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    how does the text read? is it the same for each email?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Sometimes people believe that the affiliate site is owned by the merchant site. If this is the case, take it as a compliment - your site looks like a merchant site. Just explain to the people what your role is and perhaps provide them some links and phone numbers to the merchant customer support.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    how does the text read? is it the same for each email?
    Nope. The text is completely different for each one and they appear to be legitimate emails from individuals.
    Sometimes people believe that the affiliate site is owned by the merchant site. If this is the case, take it as a compliment - your site looks like a merchant site. Just explain to the people what your role is and perhaps provide them some links and phone numbers to the merchant customer support.
    I replied to one of the emails just to see what would happen and they answered back that the charge on their credit card had my site's name as the company making the charge. I would think that would be impossible.

I called my hosting service and they had me send one of the emails to them so they could try to figure out what is going on.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    I replied to one of the emails just to see what would happen and they answered back that the charge on their credit card had my site's name as the company making the charge. I would think that would be impossible.
    That sounds like some sort of fraudulent scheme.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread