Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    Digital River to Buy DirectTrack

150 affiliate networks, 500 merchants, over 200k affiliates. I hope the links don't have to change

[URL=]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Just an FYI, here is a body of the official announcement we received from their sales team:

Dear Onlineshoes:

I am writing with exciting news about some changes at Direct Response Technologies - changes aimed at delivering more benefits and growth opportunities for your online business.

Today' Digital River (NASDAQ: DRIV)' a global leader in e-commerce outsourcing' announced that it has acquired Direct Response Technologies. The acquisition includes our DirectTrack' KeywordMax' DNEList and DirectLeads technologies. (The acquisition excludes Direct Response's MyCoupons and services.) As we begin to work on integrating our two companies' we wanted you to be aware of what you can expect moving forward.

First' let me assure you that we plan to provide you the same level of service you have come to expect from Direct Response. Your Direct Response teams will continue providing you updates' enhancements and customer support for your services from our Pittsburgh' Pennsylvania' headquarters. As a newly combined company' Direct Response now will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital River.

I started Direct Response in 1994 and over the years have seen the market evolve. We have been true survivors in this market. As many of you know' I started this business with pennies in my pocket and a dream to have a centralized marketing toolset and massive media reach. I am pleased to announce that as a result of the acquisition' we are one step closer to that dream today.

The reasoning behind our decision to join forces with Digital River is sound. Direct Response has built world-class affiliate and ad-serving technologies (ranked as the #1 solution two years in a row by AdBumb readers)' coupled with keyword bid management tools' suppression list applications' and open network-to-network CrossPublication capabilities. We have grown exponentially over the past several years' in terms of clients' revenues and technological leadership. However' we believe that providing a consolidated media toolset along with a massive marketplace for product and service distribution was the complete goal for not only our firm' but also many others participating in this space.

Through the acquisition by Digital River' Direct Response clients and networks will have access to thousands of software titles for distribution and CrossPublication across our network of 200'000 affiliates. In addition' Digital River owns two very important pieces in the marketing toolset that Direct Response simply does not possess - Blue Hornet's e-mail delivery tools and FireClick's web analytic tools. With the addition of these tools' our client base will have access to a fully consolidated media toolset - a tool set that includes affiliate marketing and tracking' a global e-commerce engine and suite' e-mail marketing and tracking' web analytics' keyword bid management' fraud detection and prevention' and suppression list management technologies. That's power.

After evaluating many opportunities and alternatives' it was clear that the Digital River partnership was the way for Direct Response to realize our dream' while sharing it with several other sister groups with similar goals.

Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and

Mansfield, TX
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread