Lightbulb Contest for a Contest ????
    Folks I am so freakin overwhelmed with the amount of reading I am having to do lately and trying to filter out the wheat from the chaff is even harder.

I am about to release two very unique e-books that if presented to the niche market is a the answer to a great need. I am expecting these books to do very well. (I hope)

I can pedel them myself but really want to unleash the power of affiliate markeking. I am will to give up up to 33% in commisions. and to get things rolling even do some fun cash bonus programs. Problem is that I really dont know where to start. The content of the books are my expertise, not affiliate marketing, and the top affiliate marketers dont have a freakin clue about my area of expertise. So looks to me like a great match.

So I am thinking about holding a contest, for the BEST affiliate Contest Idea.

Heck I even hold a contest for an idea here......

I would really appreciate any insight.

Craig
    craig at renewedreflections.com

Hi, we've had good luck with Affiliate Contests in the past. You could encourage your affiliates to reach certain tiers and then issue them prizes based on their prize claim form. We're highly seasonal, so we're able to set pretty high tiers during Halloween, for example.

I'm not sure exactly what your tiers would be, it highly depends on the price of what you are selling, but take a look at an example of our Halloween Sweeps for 2005.

http://www.buycostumes.com/ContentDi...d=1&pageid=148

Again, this may or may not apply. But the feedback I've received has been positive for this type of contest. It's relatively easy to manage and set up too...as long as your prizes aren't the iPod Nano which in my case took 3 months to finally purchase due to the largest demand / backorder ever!!

Best of luck, ~Kristen

~Kristen I dont have any affiliates yet. Not sure what system would be best to use for this start up phase, or which pgm would have affiliates in my area of interest.

geeeez. I feel like a stupid husband.

Craig

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Hi Craig,

I'm Liz and I manage the affiliate program for Rugman.com. I'm happy to help out by answering any questions for you that I can. If you want to PM me I can give you my contact information and we can talk when you've got time.

All the best,

Red face
    I just realized that you can't PM me since you're classified as a 'newbie' on the board.

I don't even know if I am allowed to post email addresses in posts - I have been meaning to find out actually. In the meantime, you may email me at:

LizG@Rugman.com

Moderators: If I've by chance gone against the forum rules by posting my email here, please just notify me and remove the email address from this post.

Thanks,
    Liz

Hi Craig,

I got your email and will be pleased to speak with you.

But, I replied with all my contact information and unfortunately the email was delayed - and then returned as undeliverable.

Will try again soon.

Craig - Though I am able to receive emails from you, my work email keeps returning all my attempts to reach you as undeliverable for some reason, so I've sent a message from my non-Rugman email address.

Subject line is Liz Gazer - Affiliate Manager, Rugman.com.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread