I know it's not the most important consideration at the moment, but do you think the events of the last week.. and the anticipated US action will have a long term impact on web business? I see it is already hitting airlines, with Virgin Atlantic here in the UK cutting 1200 staff already.

clicknasty,

I definitely see the impact on my sites ... all the traffic, it seems, is going to news sites, amazon, yahoo and charity sites.
    While I think the events of the past week and the weeks to come will affect all business in general, I do think it might make MORE people turn to on-line purchasing due to fear people may have of going out (sad).

Haiko

I personally haven't seen any decline in the visitors to my sites. My ghost site is still picking up and getting more visitors.

From the 12th to 17th, most of my visitors (48.1%) have been from USA... 45 American visitors might not be a lot of people, but it's no less than I was getting before the 11th.

I do know that my traffic was down 2/.3rds on the 11th and took a couple of days to recover.

To be brutal - war doesn't have a negative effect on the economy unless you are on the receiving end.

Is this the first war of the Internet generation? I've heard that Vietnam was the first war of the TV generation. Who knows..

My traffic was down 1/3 on Sept 11.. but since then - 250/300% above normal. :confused: Dunno why, but I like it.

Quiet777

I experience low traffic on my site since the attack also.

I experienced low levels for about 3 days. I didn't mind because there were more important things to do than look at my crap sites. But lately I've noticed everything go back to normal, I'm still going to employ a wait and see policy because war is just around the corner.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread