ABW Ambassador
    Any body having any luck, or lack of it, with WB Shop? :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    Converting at 1:58 for me, so I'm happy with them.

ABW Ambassador
    I've sent a pretty fair number of targeted clicks sith no sales, so just wanted to put out a feeler before I proceed with ppc listings.
    Thanks Cedric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Todd - somebody at CJ needs to talk to WB Shop.

I have sent a fair number of HIGHLY targeted click throughs, but with no sales. So I placed a test order myself. IT worked out OK on the tracking end BUT....

There are two serious problems that are probably having a negative impact on sales:

1) In their six-step checkout process, 404 errors are encountered 3 times along the way. This resolves itself if you hit the "back" button and try again a few times, but many shoppers (i.e.- AOL'ers) don't even know what a back button is, and may give it up right there.

2) They add California sales tax to all orders (I am in MA). This pisses people off.

They need to address these issues, for their sake and ours. I'll bet my bottom dollar that the 404's are killing well over 50% of potential sales. :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I did not run into the same problems you did, but I did run into some problems.

- Users of Netscape 4.7 are not allowed to view the site and get a message about upgrading their browser.

- I switched back to Opera (my browser of choice) and was able to make a purchase. However, I could NOT make a purchase as a guest. Each time I tried, I was returned to the same page where I finally set up a member log-in so I could order.

- I got no 404s and no California sales tax, but the inability to purchase without joining is an issue.

What browser are you using Deelz?

I've invited Lisa (the AM) to join this thread.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd there is something wrong with this WB.

I know it's not unusual to get a couple hundred clicks with no sales, if they were curious banner or text link click throughs. But in this case, I am using individual product links. My sites visitors searched for a specific product, found it, and CLICKED ON A "BUY" BUTTON. There is no way that several hundred people who match these criteria would click on a "buy" button without even one sale showing up. Tracking is probably not a problem; as I said earlier, I placed a test order myself and it worked (after much difficulty getting through the checkout process). Something is wrong with the WB site. :confused:

WB sales have been disappointing at best for me. Let me know when they fix things and I'll consider promoting them again.

-CK

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, securing the sale is the real problem here, not making it. As I said earlier, all my click-throughs are on a "buy" button. A lot of people just can't get all the way through the checkout process.
    It's like going into a store where the cash register is broken so they can't let you buy anything.

These are hot products and the prices are just fine. When someone clicks on the buy button it is because they intend to buy it right now.

I have already received an email from one of my site's visitors telling me that I need to "fix my site" (typical AOL'er [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) and my mother also tried to buy some gifts for her friend's kids but couldn't get through the checkout process. When I told her that it may be a browser problem (she uses webtv), she went to the public access computers at the library (I think they have IE6) she encountered the same problem.

I have had a couple of sales squeak through, but all things considered, I am convinced that most sales are being flushed down the toilet.

Todd, can you please talk to WB about this? I know it is not a CJ-specific issue, but if they are not made aware of this, they may simply think that their affiliate program on CJ is not productive enough to continue with. Please help them!!!!

(spelling)

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

ABW Ambassador
    Bump. Todd's here.

ABW Ambassador
    They're aware that there are issues. I don't know why the AM chose not to respond here, but she did respond quickly to my direct email to her.

Perhaps, if more affiliates spoke directly to her about the situation and invited her here, she'd join in. (I don't know that she would, this is just a suggestion).

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Cedric.

Maybe CJ should do a little tracking of their employees. They'd know how we feel if they saw that someone they pay to come here and help to resolve these issues does not even respond to our legitimate concerns.

ABW Ambassador
    Wellllll... I think there is a difference between "not responding to affiliate concerns" and "not responding to affiliate concerns on a public message board". While I wish EVERY affiliate manager was here, I can't seriously fault those who aren't -- not when they respond quickly to emails.

ABW Ambassador
    Just perused my stats and found that despite the problems I have outlined above, my EPC is 3 times that of the network overall.

So this isn't a case of a frustrated affiliate venting steam.

The problem is real.

This really sucks. These are hot products. It really perplexes me that two outfits like CJ and Warner Bros., whose primary reason for existance is to make as much money as possible, can not or will not address this issue.

The store is open, but the door is locked. The customers are banging on the window, waving their credit cards in air.

ABW Ambassador
    *bump*

ABW Ambassador
    OK Kiddies.

Looks like a fix may be in place. Even though I've diverted traffic to other offers, the WB orders are starting to flow.

Forward, March!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread