Amazon Store Doesn't Convert
    I have been having this nice Amazon Store set up for about 8 months and it gets traffic but hardly any clickthrus. The admin to it emailed me that 500 have visited the webstore this month so far but no sales.

Now to be fair I have spent very little time on it, but with that much traffic shouldn't there be a few bites? It works because my daughter's family uses it a good bit.

Google has about a 1000 pages for it and Yahoo has 8000 but the indexed listings are not that great on quality. I'm not expecting a lot out of it, but there could be something I'm missing. I have already spent a lot of time reading over in Amazon's affiliate help area.

Yes, but how many of those "visits" are just spiders?

Is it providing any real value to consumers, or is it basically just a mirror image of Amazon?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Is it providing any real value to consumers, or is it basically just a mirror image of Amazon?
    Good one, Mike. I have personally bought Amazon stuff from nice synergetic sites - featuring Amazon products - before. But if a site is a simple mirror, why not just go to Amazon itself?

Geno

What is your site called? I would like to see how you have posted your amazon links.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

But if a site is a simple mirror, why not just go to Amazon itself
    Thats what I've been thinking and the reason it hasn't earned much energy from me. I see GoldenCan producing what appears to be similar copies of what sites have and wonder what am I missing.

Yes, but how many of those "visits" are just spiders?
    From looking at the raw server log these appear to be genuine human hits. They are in and out real fast, and if they are genuine traffic I'm wondering if some tweaking could capitalize on some of it.

15 years and counting
    I don't remember a day without a sale at amazon. I've an average conversion of 6.25% but I don't use stores or scripts to generate sales. I've just plain text & picture links to related products from my sites.
    The Search Engines are overloaded by the same Amazon descriptions generated by free datafeeds used by affiliates. All these links are boosting Amazon ranking but are doing nothing for the affiliates penalized for duplicate content.

GoldenCan is one solution, at least it doesn't add more garbage to that mess.

Thanks for sending the your link. I have just had a quick look at your site and click through a few of your amazon products.

I cliked on your lacrosse clock link and then clicked on clicked on quick buy and I got the message that the product is no longer available.

I then clicked on the book "The problem of pain" and when it tried to load to Amazon it took a long time. I got bored waiting for it to load.

You may also consider moving your call to action buttons closer to the product. My eyes did not really focus on your call to action buttons. I was more interested in your links. My final quick comment is that there are too many steps involved and too much information to read through before you purchase a product. If you can reduce this then maybe you will get more conversions.

Hope that helps
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Boy I really appreciate all the input here! After reading Jamie's and Zeus's comments I did a little side by side comparison with the GoldenCan demo and this set up really hurts. The Can is way better looking.
    GoldenCan is one solution, at least it doesn't add more garbage to that mess
    Zeus could you elaborate on the imprint this leaves in the search results vs. the normal webstore.

15 years and counting
    That's easy. Look at what's behind an amazon store built by GoldenCan:

<!-- GoldenCAN Store Integration Code Start -->
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://si.goldencan.com/mstore.aspx?SID=0568bf49-adfd-480d-bc13-4298283c4a60">
    </script>
    <!-- GoldenCAN Store Integration Code End -->

This code is from a demo store.

All the Search Engines can see is a "javascript" No duplicate content means no penalty. The drawback is that you need to do your own optimisation for each page to rank well.

My Amazon shop also doesn't convert
    Jamy, I also have an Amazon shop which doesn't convert at all. But the difference is, I do have a fair amount of visitors, but sales are far out the worst of all my sites. I now put Adsense on the site and I make from them.

This quarter : 14,000 unique visitors > $35.- commision !!
    Site is updated live and I have a high percentage bookmarks.

Contacted Amazon twice and they can't find a problem.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread