Thumbs up Great Job !!!
    Great Job CJ. Backup and running and reporting as normal. A+++
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

ABW Ambassador
    my sales shoots up every time there's a scheduled or unscheduled downtime.

i think those are my real sales, but that they are being reported as somebody else' during normal times.

here's hoping that the paras will not catch on to the new fixes.

I said it before and I say it again,, great Upgrade CJ , But I will be more happy if everything remains as good as is.

I don't know about you guys, but I got half the sales I normally would with the amount of clicks I got. Oh well. Maybe they are not done pushing data to reports.

I had my my best day in weeks and higher than normal sales. Wow, that's never happened during an upgrade before.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Must have just been some maintenance, all the same bugs are still there. Still can't add anything to the smartzones. If CJ isn't going to fix them or support them anymore, they should just remove them.

Anyone have any sales after 6pm pst yesterday? I'm assuming so, but it'd be nice if there were a delay still waiting to catch up...

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Must have just been some maintenance, all the same bugs are still there.
    True!
    I am unable to get product links, the same error, "Sorry no results found", This problem is there since I joined CJ about 7 months back, You will not always get product links, and what I think is CJ have set some sort of timing to it, i.e. is not available for some hours of the day. What CJ wants is to pay to them $200 for product feed, Which I will never pay.

I had sales up until 22:15 CJ time, but last reporting of sales was 00:00.

Yesterday was really interesting as I has a slew of sales between 00:00 and 06:00 which is not normal for my sites. Then today, none during that time. Go figure!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "I am unable to get product links, the same error, "Sorry no results found","

Yep, still that bug too. I just tried finding some adidas product links for Zappos:

Sorry, No Results Found

And they started charging more recently? If anything merchants should get a refund.

I am seeing a lot of problems with CJ this morning.

Intermittant problems with CJ clickthroughs (taking up to 40 seconds to load in some cases-the process is hanging as the CJ url is loading), reports timing out, get links timing out, login timing out, and CJ hosted images not appearing.

Is it just me?

Edited to Add: Now clickthroughs from my site are timing out. There is something seriously wrong.
    Last edited by kmkimmo; January 27th, 2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Update
    - I am not young enough to know everything

"I am unable to get product links, the same error, "Sorry no results found","

Yep, still that bug too. I just tried finding some adidas product links for Zappos:

Sorry, No Results Found

And they started charging more recently? If anything merchants should get a refund.
    I ended up getting dropped by Zappos. 60% my fault, 40% Cj's fault. I let my links get stale and the products were out of stack. Zappos was nice enough to warn me a couple of time though. When I finally had the time to make the changes I couldn't get any product links to replace the old ones because of CJ's bug. That was after trying many, many, many times. My bad though, I should kept up on the links to begin with

ABW Ambassador
    They dropped you? They should let you back in. I find a lot of merchants can't even keep the links in the creative up to date. One of my little pet peeves, not working/expired links in the creative. The merchants need to get on CJ about this problem. Zappos and getting products links has been a problem for awhile now. That CJ upgrade last year around September that went on for over 1 1/2 months really bugged out CJ.

One of my little pet peeves, not working/expired links in the creative.
    That can be really frustrating!

Glad you brought that up...
    ... as I thought maybe it was just me being stuffy. I find it incredible that some merchants are so little interested in their affiliate programs that they STILL have their Christmas banners at the top of their heap and it's over a month since that day came and went!
    For a new affiliate, it can also be very difficult to work out which banners are the best ones to use as there is no expiry date viewable and yet one can guess, with some of them, that they have to be out of date (if one is good at guessing) and I get very cross when I discover, two weeks after adding a banner that it was intended for use around Thanksgiving although there is nothing on the surface of it to make that clear!

Quote Originally Posted by linnetwoods
    I find it incredible that some merchants are so little interested in their affiliate programs that they STILL have their Christmas banners at the top of their heap and it's over a month since that day came and went!
    Have you ever seen a merchant's banner that specified the year?

Once (recently) I almost used a banner but I looked twice at it & it said "2004"

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by linnetwoods
    ... as I thought maybe it was just me being stuffy. I find it incredible that some merchants are so little interested in their affiliate programs that they STILL have their Christmas banners at the top of their heap and it's over a month since that day came and went!
    For a new affiliate, it can also be very difficult to work out which banners are the best ones to use as there is no expiry date viewable and yet one can guess, with some of them, that they have to be out of date (if one is good at guessing) and I get very cross when I discover, two weeks after adding a banner that it was intended for use around Thanksgiving although there is nothing on the surface of it to make that clear!
    links with the highest 3-month epc's go to the top, so it's not unusual that the christmas links are at the top of the heap in january.

secondly, if i have a halloween page for example, i'd rather have the merchant dedicate one link for halloween and use it only for halloween, so i don't have to reconstruct my page every time halloween comes - freeing me to expand my site instead of doing my pages over and over again. of course, you'll see the halloween link in the interface all year round.

and third, if i want to make a halloween page in june, i can do so if the halloween link is available all year round. as you all know, it can take time for new pages to appear in the SE's.

I couldn't agree with you more!
    I am in the same boat - it just helps when it is made clear that a given link is seasonal - the Halloween ones are pretty easy to spot, so are not a problem, but some seasonal links are not immediately identifiable as such and it would help if their purpose were made obvious in their tiitles...

Cj should allow merchants to make a banner/link sticky , So that merchants can stick the coming occassion banner/link to the top.

Almost best day.
    Hope that's all my sales.

But I believe some of the sales are not mine.
    I am in a f*ing server.Always got F*ing strange things.
    I have 2 accounts,one is normal,the other is crazy.Always have this or that problem.
    Today I have so many sales from the crazy account,I really don't believe that's ture.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe they're mine Today is one of the worst in months. Yesterday was decent.

Upgrade day went fine.... for once my commission level remained steady. (Maybe they just SAID that they were going to do an upgrade but didn't really do anything at all. Maybe it's just propoganda to make us believe that they have now got their act together and can do an upgrade .... or commissions... or reversals.... without the whole system doing a summersault... ) -- Reporting has seemed to be pretty consistant lately and that is a good thing. I would really prefer that it went haywire and accidentally reported thousands of dollars into my account.
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Cj should allow merchants to make a banner/link sticky , So that merchants can stick the coming occassion banner/link to the top.
    That would save so much time spent searching to see if anything new has been added.

The worst is when the merchant sends an email to say that there are new banners available and you can't see any evidence of them when you log in and go to grab them, even when you search through their entire banner stock. Aaaargh!

They dropped you? They should let you back in. I find a lot of merchants can't even keep the links in the creative up to date. One of my little pet peeves, not working/expired links in the creative. The merchants need to get on CJ about this problem. Zappos and getting products links has been a problem for awhile now. That CJ upgrade last year around September that went on for over 1 1/2 months really bugged out CJ.
    I probably could of pushed it Trust and maybe should of but I figure this will give me a chance to give some of the other merchants some better exposure. The biggest problem I am having is when they don't have the stuff Zappos has. I'll give it awhile and then beg Zappos to reinstate me. Ummm, ok begging is over doing it I'm still trying to find all their links and replace them and still getting having the smae problem every now and then with CJ showing no products when I know their there Oh Well!

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread