Advice on getting started
    Hey everybody,
    Ok, I'm really interested in becoming a full time affiliate marketer, and am looking for some advice / mentors who have been successful in this field and would be interested in helping me. I'm a senior in High school and after I graduate I plan on moving and starting a real estate investment company, but at first the real estate company won't be able to provide an income to live off of, so i'm looking at setting up an affiliate system that won't take more than 3 hrs a day and provide me and my business partner with enough income to live off of. Let me say that I completely understand that this is work and by no means 'easy money" and i'm completely dedicated and motivated to do whatever i need to and work as hard as i need to to succeed in this.
    So I have two questions,
    1. Is there anyone out there who would be interested in showing me how to set up a successful system (I know theres a lot of information on a lot of websites on the subject, and i've read most of it but i really need a "person" to help me set it up.)
    and...
    2. The total monthly income we need is ~$6000. So is it possible to make $6k a month from two people working at least 3hrs a day? do you know of anyone who currently does this?

Thanks for your help.

i think you better lower your total monthly income. even though i havent got into aff marketing yet (1-2 more weeks). but i see $6000/month a little much. i dont make half of that with my 50hr/week job.

ABW Ambassador
    It's possible to make that much but it is going to take time and hard work. And I don't think anybody is going to "set it up" for you, it's something you're going to need to do on your own. You can search ABW and ask questions and people are very helpful around here in that regard.

Well, i really didn't ask about your 50 hr/week job.....and how would you know since you have no experience yet.

Quote Originally Posted by profecy
    Well, i really didn't ask about your 50 hr/week job.....and how would you know since you have no experience yet.
    That's not going to get you much help around here...

Is $6000 a month possible on 6 hour days? Yes, but not easy. There are people on this forum that work less and make more. But not when they first got started...

Real estate is hot. If you can build an aff website surrounding real estate, related insurances and services, you might have a shot at it. Very competitve, but since it's your area of expertise, you probably would have a chance of drawing some decent traffic.

If you have a license already, you may look beyond traditional aff marketing and start pushing relocation referrals for percentage of close. Closing percentages are how companies like LendingTree make a lot of their money.

It would be great for you to combine the 2.

Plus, having a well trafficed real estate website will really pay off in your other pursuit.

So in your case, use aff marketing to build a base, and then parlay it to your new company.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

profecy - whether zibzer has experience or not.. he/she is right on the money...

It took me a couple of years to reach that level.. and it is going to take more than just asking a "person" to help you set it up..

There are a lot of different aspects to this business that really do take a long time to learn... given that most people do not openly share information..

For example:::
    You maybe an SEO Expert... But Can You Sell..
    You maybe a top salesman.. but do you have the SERP's so that people see your ads..?
    AND
    If you have BOTH.. are you selling for merchants that convert well..?
    AND..
    You may have all three... but do you have enough of it out there so that you can compete with the rest of us doing the same thing...??

ALL in ALL... It is rarely something that is accomplished overnight.. and you will need a day job for awhile to get you through..

When I first started I was at this PC for 12 to 16 hours a day.. learning and reading.. and DOING as much as I could...(After my 40 hour a week job)

I think you are looking at this like you can just set something up and start making tons of cash.. and that is not how it works...

READ - TrustNo1's Post again...

thanks for your smart ass coment...

If you are looking to make that kind of money you might be better off going to college and building your site at night. If you are dedicated you can probably finish an Associates in Business Administration in a little over a year -- this will help you for both jobs.
    If your partner is also in high school they should really be getting some instruction under their belt as well.

Making websites in highschool and making websites that are effective at both creating and monetizing traffic are played on very different fields.

I wouldn't count on affiliate marketing providing a consistent income for you. Best to either get a job or stay at home with mom and dad until you've built your affiliate business to a point where it's providing consistent income and you have enough saved up to handle the ups and downs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

If this is your mind-set
    You may want to devote some time and effort to adjusting your people skills - reading that remark provoked an instantly 'anti' response from me.

If I knew anything, and I am not saying that I do, I certainly wouldn't waste it on someone who had already proved to be capable of alienating rather than attracting people! Buy a copy of 'How To Win Friends And Influence People', or something, and read it, for goodness sake!

You may want to consider apologising for that remark on this thread to demonstrate that you actually are an adult, not a silly kid pretending to be one.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread