Google CPC traffic
    Did anyone notice a hiccup in google CPC traffic Friday (1-27-06)

Looks like CPC took a plunge in the early afternoon.

?
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

I've noticed lately that although I've opened the flood gates to get as much traffic as I can...i'm only getting a trickel

working with a few well scrubbed lists, and one new list that should be generating some traffic...but very little is coming through.

I started a campaign on Thursday that estimated 37.00 worth of traffic and so far nothing and only a handful of impressions since it started. I did read on a blog somewhere that there was a hiccup on Friday. When search for my add it's burried in the 120 range Must be the estimates for traffic are off or something else

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I started a campaign on Thursday that estimated 37.00 worth of traffic and so far nothing and only a handful of impressions since it started. I did read on a blog somewhere that there was a hiccup on Friday. When search for my add it's burried in the 120 range Must be the estimates for traffic are off or something else
    I've noticed that when I start a new campaign, or even make changes, that it takes G a few to let the flood gates open. I think they review each one, before it is totally live. Maybe they are behind in the process. Or just like to play on the weekends instead of work.

I also have noticed hiccups on Fri, Sat & sometimes on Sun. I'm not sure if it is G, or just that the traffic flow is more during the week.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Just found this thread seems like were not alone.

A heavy hitter running the ads for 6 months claims they are getting NO delivery

http://forums.seochat.com/google-adw...you-66026.html

Oh and there is another thread here talking about adsense not working...it's all adding up

Trying to Win,

Thanks for the feedback. I just went back and did some estimates as far as how much traffic I should be receiving and it was completely different from when I set up the campaign. At a 10 cents bid it was showing a daily budget of 37.00 before for the keywords I selected. Now when I use the estimate tool it shows 2 clicks a day for a daily budget of 20 cents . I kind of thought the bid was pretty low for the terms I was targeting. I got excited for nothing They must have or had some kind of bug going on there or they upped the ante big time.

MrB, It might be worth trying another traffic estimate and see if you are seeing what I just did. JMO of course!

Thanks Packy,

I know the estimate to be off a bit, as I moved a term that was producing to it's own ad and the estimate showed more traffic at a lower rate.

I knew better, but didn't think much of it at the time.

Bottom line of this ad
    Forcast .5 clicks in 2nd position on ave
    Actual 3 clicks in 4th on ave

Trust the estimate as far as you can throw it, historic performance is the only thing that is helping me, thank god I don't have a few k ready to spend (small fry here).

I agree with what you said MrB. But to be 100% off which is what Google was, they might as well get rid of the tool. Their estimate was 370 clicks a day. Reality was zero clicks, thats not counting the 2 times I clicked to see if things were working right Small fry here also

Packy,

they need some sort of tool so that people have an idea of what they are going to spend...like it says, only an estimate. Additionally there may be the question of ramping the add, they may have the delivery reduced until it has had a chance to prove itself. (not saying that is the case for you)

Is the estimate for full speed delivery or durring the proving period? Display of an ad is more that just max CPC and keyword combo. As a keyword that has a higher conversion will make them more money...etc...etc..

I think that they were having a bad week....lets hope that this week is better and closer to the google we have known

Thanks again for the feedback MrB I believe my problem is how low I am bidding right now. It was definately a bug the day I started the add with the estimate tool. It's been ok now. As for the add itself that should be ok. The problem is that the ad is burried most likely because of what I am bidding on it. I bumped it up to 30 cents just to see what happened and it did get a few more impressions. I think it's probably just that Google isn't the place for me to list this one because of how high the bids go up to.

One question for you or anyone who knows the answer. They have where you can check the box to automatically optimize ad serving for my ad where it says "How Often to Show My Add" any info or feedback on that? I must of always missed that in the past for some reason. Thanks again

Packy,

That will only work when you have more than one ad written for the same keywords. Google will then switch out the ads to find the one that is most productive and they will then deliver that ad more often.

Slight changes in the ad text can reap great differences in the CR, just part of the optimization process, like adjusting your cpc. Google also has the check boxes for content delivery and content bidding, which you will want to be real savvy about too. (under edit campaign settings)

Angry This may be the problem
    Is this just new to me? My hubby stumbled on this when he was searching for a repair person on Google - he realized he somehow had spyware on his laptop - when he clicked on a google advertiser, he got a pop up from another search engine - he never did get to the site he clicked on in Google -

The really sad thing about this is that legitimate Yahoo and Google advertisers are still being charged for each click-through even though it is being redirected!

The advertising/spyware company is Critical Internet, Inc. This company allows advertisers to bid on keywords. For example when we searched for Coupons, I had a Google ad up there - clicked on it and the spyware came up - with Deal Catcher as the top advertiser on the spyware!
    Same thing happened when I searched for different coupon sites - Deal Catcher is grabbing your traffic and costing you $ if you're advertising - and if your not and worked hard to get a great ranking - he's getting that as well!

This spyware will let you search for so many listings, then shuts itself down on your computer - probably to not get caught -

In testing, the spyware redirects Google and Yahoo links hijacked to one of several sites owned by Critical Internet, Inc.

This spysheriff is being sold as software that protects you from getting spyware - but IS SPYWARE! But like I said, we have no idea how this ended up on our laptop, we didn't buy it! So far we are unable to get this thing removed! Hubby made a video clip - but I have no idea how to post this -

Critical Internet installs spyware on PCs called “spysheriff” see the following article which details what this spyware does and the company behind it.:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpySheriff

Registrar Name: CRITICAL INTERNET, INC.
    Address: 150 West Maynard Apt. 1K, Columbus, OH 43202, US
    Phone Number: 215-325-1248
    Email: vladimir@rovedigital.com
    Whois Server: whois.criticalinternet.com
    Referral URL: www.criticalinternet.com
    Admin Contact: Shoaib . Shaikh
    Email: shoaib.s@directi.com
    Billing Contact: Brijesh . Joshi
    Email: accounts@directi.com
    Technical Contact: Kalpesh . Patel
    Email: kalpesh.s@directi.com

I did contact Google & yahoo - No Response! Do you think they care people are paying for something they are not getting?
    Last edited by imegadeals; January 30th, 2006 at 11:40 AM.

I think that they realize that if it's on your computer there is very little they can do about it.....as such it's just part of the click fraud that comes with the territory.

Same goes for having your ads delivered to the content network, although there are a bunch of good sites out there delivering valuable clicks, the common denominator becomes the scraper sites, followed closely by the networks of paid to click monkeys.

I'm guessing that you received this wonderful program bundled with another that you recently installed.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I wish that I could find 20¢ clicks. My average runs $1.60 - $2.97 with a cap of $40.00 per day (when I get the guts I'll raise it to $100.00). I still make a profit however, with 1 sale every 5-7 clicks with an average of $32.00 to $63.00 per sale.

If I could find cheaper clicks I'd be an extremely happy camper.

West,

sounds like your trading 1 dollar for 4 at a much higher rate than i'm trading 1 dollar for what I hope ads up to a bit more than break even....currently running behind.

And you want to change? Ok tell ya what you give me your list and I'll give you mine ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by westgroup
    I wish that I could find 20¢ clicks. My average runs $1.60 - $2.97 with a cap of $40.00 per day (when I get the guts I'll raise it to $100.00). I still make a profit however, with 1 sale every 5-7 clicks with an average of $32.00 to $63.00 per sale.

If I could find cheaper clicks I'd be an extremely happy camper.
    Unfortunately I can't and that's the problem. I'm trying a few less targetted keywords now but under a close eye to see how it converts. Luckily the main program I'm using reports slaes in real time. I'm with MrB, I'll share too

MrB, thanks again for the info. I was just checking some old campaigns that I had on pause for a long time. I ran into one that Google had on hold. The reason being that the display url didn't match the domain.

From Google: Your Display URL must accurately reflect the URL of your website. If your actual destination URL link is too long for your ad, use a shortened version (such as your homepage) that meets the character limit for this field.

The problem is that my url is too long and it's the homepage. I come up one letter too long which means any domain names over 35 can't go in Google? And don't ask why I would want one that long anyways

Packy,

Just threw up some new campaigns last night and the estimate is wacked...it claimed first place with the given bid and i'm getting anywhere from 2nd to 61st so far 61st...who the heck was that?

Frigen scrapers...at least I know where the ad is placed

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    Packy,

Just threw up some new campaigns last night and the estimate is wacked...it claimed first place with the given bid and i'm getting anywhere from 2nd to 61st so far 61st...who the heck was that?

Frigen scrapers...at least I know where the ad is placed
    Yea, I'm still seeing the estimate go wacky off and on also MrB. I have one campaign that should at least be getting something but only 2 clicks and thats a pretty good ad if I say so myself. I'm not getting any decent positions so even impressions are way low. I just applied to MSN so I'll have to wait and see how that goes.

I once again tried a couple smaller SE's but the normal traffic from the scum sites I should know better by now

packy

try bumping your CPC to what feels right, but try to get at least on the first page of results to get some impression of what is actually being searched for. Then write a 2nd ad, with slight changes and watch the CTR%.

Mine bounce from 1 to 14% for the same ad one day and back the other way the next day so you'll be better off looking at at least a weeks worth of results before editing ad text.

Any other suggestions/corrections are welcome the more people pinging in the better ;-)

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread