Datafeed download/process/update-to-dB scripts - suggestions, endorsements?
    I want to implement some kind of script that will automatically retrieve, process, and store my affiliate datafeeds into a database.

I am looking for a fairly "generic" solution, not something that will work only with one or a small group of merchants. (And I just want the data in a database; I am not looking for something like which generates web pages.)

I've found one tool that appears to do part of the job:
    PHPmill's "Datafeed-to-MySQL" script ($40) at

BUT I have not seen any clear feedback about this product here, just general suggestions and referrals that don't appear to rise to the level of "endorsement." (See, for example, )

Who is using this product, and what positive or negative comments do you have about it? Are there any competing products that might work as well (or better)?

And what about the DOWNLOAD process -- ideally, I'd like to get a product that could automatically check for updates to a datafeed, download new feeds, check/validate the feeds, and insert them into the database. It sounds as if the PHPmill product starts with an already-downloaded datafeed.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Take a look at, it's by the same guy at feedprocessor. I like it and the tech support is very good. It can't check for changes as far as I know.

I have been looking for just about the same thing you were. Settled on the parser because it was pretty easy to use and so far it gets the job done.

My php knowledge was non existent so if I could get it working, anyone can

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread