Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Adsense not working properly???
    Either the code or my page has gone wacko. Here's what I have, can anyone help me fix it?

First, the code is on a genealogy site.

The old pages have proper adsense links such as links to: trace family history, family genealogy, etc. BUT, when I go to new pages the links are gone and I only have a line that says "view ads about" and search box instead of links to click on.

I'm using the same code on all pages. Do I need to get a new code for the new pages? In the past I've added a single code to hundreds of pages and always have gotten links. This "view ads about" line is something that is only happening on the new pages I add to the site.

Does google have to crawl the page before links are added? Will this fix itself or do I need to do something?

I've searched google for a solution and haven't found it. Am I missing something somewhere?
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

Maybe you have "link unit" checked off instead of "ad unit"?

That happens to me when I first put the adlinks up or when google doesnt have enough content on the page to figure out what the page is all about.

In some instances I leave the ad links ads box like that. People will fill in the search box with their own terms and click and i still make money.

Refresh your page 3 or 5 times real fast and see if that search box still appears if it does then it is probably the lack of content.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I'm moving the site to a new server, I wonder if that is causing the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Maybe you have "link unit" checked off instead of "ad unit"?
    It works fine on the other pages so the problem is something to do with the new pages. It's the same old code that provides links on the other pages.

I have a search box on the same page in a column near the bottom of the page. It doesn't cause any problems on the old pages, but maybe something new that is messing it up?

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    That happens to me when I first put the adlinks up or when google doesnt have enough content on the page to figure out what the page is all about.

Refresh your page 3 or 5 times real fast and see if that search box still appears if it does then it is probably the lack of content.
    The pages all use the same template with the same basic info, just the names are changed to fit different branches of the family tree... I tried the refresh and it's still the same.

Maybe it's because they are new pages and the bot hasn't visited the page yet... I hope it fixes itself, but if not, then I guess I'll have to find a way to get links on there...

It never fails to be something to work on.... I wish my pages would just jump up and look good, score hi in the ranks, and do what I want them to do... LOL
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread