MSN adCenter
    I signed up even though it's still beta. The site is so slow I can't really evaluate my one trial campaign.
    Trying the support 800 number was a pretty good experience, but the lady there was having the same slowness problem.

The admin user area only works with IE and they say "for now" like maybe later other browsers.
    The sign up page for my account didn't say "IE only" and that was a real lame experience. It all of a sudden said your CC will be charged a start up fee but never said how much. I bailed the first time till tech support told me it was only $5.00

Does anybody happen to know that since MSN is starting its own PPC program (even though it is in Beta), if they have stopped receiving ads from Yahoo?

A friend uses Yahoo! and just wrote to my asking why her ads are no longer appearing in MSN searches. I told her it was because MSN is starting its own program, but I just want to be sure I gave her good information.

They did send out an email to the beta users saying that they were on the verge of throttling back on Yahoo to give more action to the AdCenter. This was a week or more back and indicated a gradual transition and advised to expect our Yahoo ads to see less traffic.

Well, I checked her keywords on MSN, and none of her ads come up. She is in a nitch market, and for her keywords/phrases all that comes up is one or two ads at the top of the screen, and absolutely nothing on the right-hand side.

So is MSN cutting off its nose? I mean aren't they giving up a lot of income while they are in Beta test mode of their new program, which from the experience you described in your intial post sounds like it is extremely slow.

I got another email on 3/21/06 and adCenter claims to be increasing the "traffic served by adCenter to 70%". Feb 27 it was supposed to have gone to 40%. I just got through trying to put an ad there and the site kept stalling out and I bailed. They are still not ready for prime time, but do they know that?

same thing here...tried a new ad ran, into a road block and sent a few choice comments about how the service had just wasted my time, as well as listing off some bugs

MSN adCenter Update: More Features Coming Soon
    The MSN adCenter team sent an email today talking about the upcoming features that will be added to their advertising program. A full post of the new features can be found at the Dallas Search Engine Marketing Blog .

-Mark Barrera

The MasterLink Group, Inc.

I just did a search on my friend's keywords again and now NO ADS come up at all. Is the system even working?

The last post inspired me to give AdCenter a look as it has been a few days. Their whole set up is moving much faster now. I can see a few improvements and checked one of my ads and it's right there at number one. The CTR looks real low, but there were a few clicks. Over all it's getting better.

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    To see AdCenter ads, you may need to go to http://adcenter.search.msn.com otherwise you may see Overture ads instead on regular MSN searches. It is based on the cookie you happen to have on your computer to determine which ads you see.

They also distribute impressions/clicks (for budgeting) so you may not see particular ads every time you search the term. And they do dayparting, which can also affect which ads you see when.

Jenstar - I checked your website in your profile and I'm impressed. Very nice!

MSN adCetner and Yahoo PPC Confusion
    Tracy,

Yahoo ads are showing about 50% of the time in MSN seach results currently. This will be until around June when MSN will be showing only the ads that are purchased through their adCenter program. For more information please refer to these blog postings:

MSN adCenter Taking Away from Yahoo Search Advertisers
    First Demo of MSN adCenter 3.0 presented to DFW-SEM by MSN adCenter Team

-Mark Barrera
    The MasterLink Group, Inc.

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    Yahoo ads are showing about 50% of the time in MSN seach results currently. This will be until around June when MSN will be showing only the ads that are purchased through their adCenter program.
    Actually, Masterlink, they are now showing AdCenter ads 70% of the time to all US searchers, as of several weeks ago. They have been steadily increasing ad serving since they began their pilot.

http://blogs.msdn.com/adcenter/archi...22/558628.aspx

And thanks Bumpaw

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread