Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Check clearance time?
    How much time does it take for clearance for the check of $3,000 . Its 30 days since I have deposited the check and the money havn't yet arrived.

That's very odd -- unless your bank account is new?

Ask your bank and they should tell you...

they don't know. How much time does it take at your end?

ABW Ambassador
    I get checks much larger than that and there is no clearing/holding time. No prob at all whatsoever with the bank nor with cj.

Maybe CJ is investigating your business model.

People who had worked real hard at getting their sales don't usually gloat about their income.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    How much time does it take for clearance for the check of $3,000 . Its 30 days since I have deposited the check and the money havn't yet arrived.
    30 days is way too long for a check to be cleared if you are in US or Canada. I would check with my bank first to see what went wrong. I have had no problem with CJ's check so far.

In the U.S. even if the bank puts a hold on a check(for whatever reason...) its no longer than 5-7 days.
    There is definetly a problem if its been 30 days.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ABW Ambassador
    If you're new and you immediately reached $3,000, I would think you tripped a red flag at CJ.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    People who had worked real hard at getting their sales don't usually gloat about their income.
    I disagree. Gloating is a matter of personality and experience, not how much work was involved.

People who have had bad things happen (sites stolen, swarms of competitors following their moves, etc.) due to their gloating, eventually tend to cool it.
    Those new to making lots of dough are a lot more prone to mentioning figures--after all, to them, it's Big News!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I don't think he's talking about getting a check, but having the check clear after depositing it. That would be entirely up to your bank and your country's regulations. Here in the US, I think 10 business days is the maximum. I suspect that you're in another country, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

First of all I'm not in US, the question was for international affiliates. I have deposited my november check to the bank and its not yet cleared, my previous checks were cleared in 10 days and those were less than $1K , its the first check I have deposited greater than $1K .

cjl cheques do take 25 days clearance for me. i am an internation aff.

Quote Originally Posted by watchman5
    cjl cheques do take 25 days clearance for me. i am an internation aff.
    Was any of your check more than $1,000 ? Because I have read it somewhere that checks more than $1,000 take more time for clearance than normal.

For me it takes 30 days every time even if the check is less than $1000.

Was any of your check more than $1,000 ? Because I have read it somewhere that checks more than $1,000 take more time for clearance than normal.
    Yes, they are more than $ 1,000. All my cheques, whether 25$ or $25,000 takes minimum 21 bank working days.

Check with your bank. Sometimes they hold the funds, if you haven't clearely quoted the source of funds.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't think he's talking about getting a check, but having the check clear after depositing it. That would be entirely up to your bank and your country's regulations. Here in the US, I think 10 business days is the maximum. I suspect that you're in another country, though.
    he has already said that his bank "don't know"

the only time my bank holds my money is when i deposit the checks through an ATM. otherwise, there is no holding at all no matter how big the amount.

on one occasion, before the deposit receipt came out, the bank teller immediately began explaining the holding process. he assumed that because of the amount, there would be a holding period. he was surprised when he saw the receipt afterwards. there was no holding period on my deposit.

I'm in Portugal, receive my CJ check in Euros by way of a Travelex check issued by Deutsche Bank in Germany, and receive instant credit to my account upon deposit. I've convinced my bank that a Travelex check is as good as cash.

If I open an account in any International Bank, like CitiBank , then will it effect the clearance period?

Quote Originally Posted by Proverb
    I'm in Portugal, receive my CJ check in Euros by way of a Travelex check issued by Deutsche Bank in Germany, and receive instant credit to my account upon deposit. I've convinced my bank that a Travelex check is as good as cash.
    How do I know my check is a travelex check

It says Travelex on it and has sort of an embossed hologram (or whatever they're called). It will also say, at least mine does, Deutsche Bank. If you look at the face of the check you can't miss "Travelex". It took some time, but my bank manager at BES (Banco Espirito Santo) finally agreed that this was essentially a traveller's check and as good as cash. It's not a simple company check - it's issued directly from Deutsche Bank like a bank check or cashier's check.

I tried depositing a US check (not CJ) for $45 in a European bank last December to see what would happen. I'm still waiting for it to clear.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Last week I was going to deposit a US check from Amazon.com in the amount of $35. My banker did the math and the bank charges would have been more than $35 USD - well, give or take but he said it wasn't worth the risk. The bank I used to do business with here in Portugal didn't want to accept US checks that were for less than $500. Better to figure out alternatives for small sums such as PayPal, gift certificates, or letting funds accumulate until they reach a higher total.

ABW Ambassador
    Nabeel,

You can also talk with your bank and find if they can offer you faster clearance if you are regularly going to deposit bigger checks

Some bank do give you faster clearance times if this is the case.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Wtf, The new check I submitted is cleared in 5 days and its also more than 3K , and I don't see any sign of previous payment. I talked to my bank and they said that they will investigate.
    How much time should I wait and request CJ to cancel that payment and send me a new check for that payment?.

You might have CJ check to see if the check has cleared on their end. If it has, they won't be able to cancel it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast