Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Please Help me.
    hey guys,

    I have a situation here. I am earning good money with my website. I would like to upgrade my website little more stylish and user friendly.

    Can anybody let me know how can keep my website up to date with the actual merchant website. Let me explain you in detail.

    My site is basically a price comparison database for mobile phones. I have signed up with all major merchants as an affiliate. Deals might vary every day and i want to keep my site up to date. Do we have any software or something like that for this thingy.

    Please let me know.

    thanks
    Stev.

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador Greg Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,889
    Welcome to ABW. It sounds like you may want to look into datafeeds and see which merchants offer them for your site.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

    Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador Trying to Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2006
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    503
    Datafeeds is the answer. If you don't alrady know php and MySql, you should start. I'm working on it myself right now.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

  4. #4
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying to Win
    Datafeeds is the answer. If you don't alrady know php and MySql, you should start. I'm working on it myself right now.
    What competence level should a webmaster have with php & MySql to be successful with datafeeds?

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador Trying to Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2006
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    503
    Rhia7, I'm not sure. I'm working on it myself. I purchased sitepoint's book, and am in the process. Check out this thread.

    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68573
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

  6. #6
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying to Win
    Rhia7, I'm not sure. I'm working on it myself. I purchased sitepoint's book, and am in the process. Check out this thread.

    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68573
    Thanks for the tip. I have a PHP Programming book (need to open it )
    and a MySql book somewhere ...

    I guess any skill can help

  7. #7
    Full Member markschok's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    269
    Here's a book I got on the subject that combines php, mysql, ecommerce and takes you through building an entire shopping site.
    "Beginning PHP 5 and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...322711-4313441 - no affil link
    I've not read it yet though since by the time I bought it I was well into learning PHP. I just thought this one looked the best since it was dedicated to building a shopping site. It takes you right through to building the payment process and more but just building up to the stores catalogue looks like it would be enough for an affiliate site.

  8. #8
    Analytics Dude Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,904
    With some CMS's there are alternatives to learning how to program the PhP and SQL yourself... But they are still sql and php driven. I made a 63,000 product website last week, with each product on it's own static url, fully searchable (and fast).

    Granted, if I want to make changes to the products, it requires uploading (overwriting) the table, but if you're good with CSV files, it's not THAT difficult to compare/contrast new feeds.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

    Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

  9. #9
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    With some CMS's there are alternatives to learning how to program the PhP and SQL yourself... But they are still sql and php driven. I made a 63,000 product website last week, with each product on it's own static url, fully searchable (and fast).

    Granted, if I want to make changes to the products, it requires uploading (overwriting) the table, but if you're good with CSV files, it's not THAT difficult to compare/contrast new feeds.
    So - What CMS did you use to do this ??

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  10. #10
    Analytics Dude Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,904
    Sending you a PM Burger so you can look at it. It's in Joomla though...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

    Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

  11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •