Update Profile to new email address
    I am changing isp and need to change my email address contact with Linkshare. I'm not seeing where to do that in the "my profile" section of "my account" after logging in on the website. Can anyone tell me the steps to get where I go to change email addy?

As always, when I email a question to Linkshare support, there is no reply.
    I used an address I found in a thread here - contact@linkshare.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marfie
    I am changing isp and need to change my email address contact with Linkshare. I'm not seeing where to do that in the "my profile" section of "my account" after logging in on the website. Can anyone tell me the steps to get where I go to change email addy?

As always, when I email a question to Linkshare support, there is no reply.
    I used an address I found in a thread here - contact@linkshare.com.

Thanks
    Yeah, welcome to LS support. You are not the first person in the last week to express concern for LS's lack of response to support emails. Get used to it, it is the norm rather than the exception.

I thought I could help you and looked under My Account, Update Profile, but far be it for LS to make things simple. I could not find any place to change an email address. Sorry I could not be of help.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Marfie,
    To change your email address you will need to go into Update Profile. In the upper left hand corner you will see the Channel Manager menu. Select the contact you wish to update (there will be an ID card image next to the contact). Change your contact information and hit Update.

Ranae

That worked - thanks.

Just a follow up for the record, as this turned out to be a good bit more hairy than I first thought.

I had successfully changed the address on one of my profile screens and thought this was a done deal. Coincidentally and luckily before I officially killed that address with my ISP, a couple days later I received a bulk message from Linkshare that was sent to the mail address I thought I had cancelled. So I went back into my profile and I found there are actually 2 screens in my profile where I had to change the email address.

When I made the change of address in the appropriate box on the second screen, below was this note.

~~
    " Your email address must be valid. Upon update of this address you will receive a confirmation notice to which you must respond. If we do not receive your confirmation, you will not receive future emails and your account may be terminated"
    ~~

Ok now I'm getting real nervous. Didn't see this warning on the other screen. But I went ahead and entered the new address. There was only one box to enter it in- not the usual second box where you type it again so it is less likely you will enter a mistaken address. One box to enter your account password as well. Yikes.. Ok- check, double check, triple check, then hit the SUBMIT button.

So it goes through and the message comes up again saying I should have a mail in my box within a few minutes and I must respond in a give time frame or risk automatic account termination.

I checked my mail feverishly for the next 10-15 minutes- no email there. oh my god, I'm getting real worried now. Then realized Outlook filtered it into my Junk folder. Damn- so I opened it and hit the link provided to confirm the address change.

Too late apparently.A message comes up saying something to the effect this link is no good. Now I'm seriously scared.

Fortunately, however, Linkshare does provide another button to have another confirmation mail sent. So I did that and this time caught the mail as soon as it arrived, used the confirmation link and this time it confirmed the change successfully.

Wow, what a relief!!

I don't think the process of changing an email address should be this risky and frightening, but it might help at least to make a person enter the email address twice, as an extra safeguard. The way I read the warning was, if you happen to screw up and submit an invalid email address, that's it, no second chances- you are terminated.

LS sounds like they have their corporate nose stuck up their rear.

That's just plian stupid.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Again [sigh] LS makes it easy for them, but is not fully considering the affiliate or their needs or problems.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread