Reversals in Excess of Generated Commissions (again)
    Once again, one of our advertisers reversed more commissions than we ever generated for them. We just signed up with this one recently, generated a single sale, and today noticed that the sale had been reversed twice! - giving these fellows money that never belonged to them.

I've got a complaint into both the advertiser and CJ, but why does CJ allow this to happen in the first place? Isn't it a simple extra couple lines of code in their system to prevent advertisers taking more money out of the piggy bank than they ever put in??

Someone from CJ, please take note.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    it's easy to hide this type of thing nowadays because the reversal doesn't show up at the top of the page as it occurs. and especially if the transaction reversed was supposed to be last month's or a few months back, it's a hassle to verify.

but i think i remember one instance where there was a reversal with no original transaction, and a lot more that i feel were unfairly reversed but i didn't have time to check.

my take on this? maybe it was other people's reversal being taken from your account. CJ tracks! but reporting sucks big time.

ABW Ambassador
    and oh yes! has it occurred to anyone that when cj is fixing, there are abnormalities in the reports - like a slew of sales that stops when the the fix is done.

You would thing that some where they would know that the transaction in question had already been corrected.

This may be some sort of bug where the new (is it new?) ability to correct part of a transaction is trampled by some numb nut that uploaded the corrections in a batch twice.

For you it's one transaction and double what they paid you, for others with transactions that are valid, it wipes out their profit.... Is it appropriate to share the name of the advertiser, so that those here with the same advertiser can detail any changes to their commissions?

I wrote to the advertiser about the incident and I'm waiting to see what they do. If they don't resolve this satisfactorily within a few days I'll certainly share their name here.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    it's easy to hide this type of thing nowadays because the reversal doesn't show up at the top of the page as it occurs. and especially if the transaction reversed was supposed to be last month's or a few months back, it's a hassle to verify.

but i think i remember one instance where there was a reversal with no original transaction, and a lot more that i feel were unfairly reversed but i didn't have time to check.

my take on this? maybe it was other people's reversal being taken from your account. CJ tracks! but reporting sucks big time.
    This is why you need to bookmark your commission detail report by posting date and not event date. I see reversals as soon as they hit the reports, just like regular transactions. The link again for seeing all of "today's activity" is:

https://members.cj.com/member/publisher/report/transaction.do?preselectrange=today&sortOrder=ASC&startyear=2006&filterby=-1&what=commDetail&sortKey=postDate&dtType=post&startRow=0&recsPerPage=200

This can be tweaked as necessary to show more or less transactions or in a different order. But this covers everything that hits your balance during the current day.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread