Exclamation TFAW.com has left the building
    As of February 1 2006, Things From Another World is no longer a CJ merchant.

If you have TFAW links on any of your sites, please be aware that they are now dead links. If you are interested in updating your links, please look into our new program.

CJ sent a deactivation notice to all our affiliates last week, and we have contacted many of you directly or via CJ mail over the past month about this change. I also wanted to follow up here just in case you missed the CJ notice.

Our finances are current with CJ, and we will pay for any outstanding commissions that are due to affiliates.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

So long CJ, and thanks for all the fish!

-Dale LaFountain & Lisa Flood
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    They have been on SAS for a while, where they are on auto-deposit and offer a datafeed.

I dumped them on CJ and signed up with them on SAS as soon as I relized they were there.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    Nice move and nice grab for sas.

Chet

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    for return days at CJ, I assume the code is still within your cart for a short time.

Could you please announce when it's completely free of CJ cookie handling?

Hi Donuts,

The CJ tracking code is still active on our thankyou page just in case any stragglers come through. I'll leave the code in place for the next 30 days.

Whether CJ will track the conversion cookie of a deactivated merchant is another question entirely, and I don't know the answer to that. If I had to guess, I would say the answer would be no tracking. But that's just a guess.

If for some reason sales do track after Jan 31st, we'll make sure the affiliate gets paid for those transactions.

Thanks,

Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Cool. I'm just concerned about parasites would could still plant a cookie and make your cart think a CJ aff should get the comm, when it belongs to an SAS aff. Once that dual-platform code is gone and you're flying solo onboard starship SAS, I plan to review your program.

Please tickle us then.

Thanks.

OK, I just confirmed with CJ that no more cookies can possibly be set through their site, so there's no possibility of anyone else receiving a commission from a previously (or newly) set cookie.

So I have moved forward with removing the CJ code from our checkout process, and can confirm that we're now officially flying solo on starship SAS. Donuts, please let us know if you have any specific questions.

I would also like to apologize to those affiliates who did not receive the advance notification from CJ about our departure from their network. Several affiliates have said that they never received notice either through CJ's mail or direct email about our program termination. Direct email could have been caught by a spam filter, but no CJ mail?? If anyone happened to receive a notification from CJ about TFAW's departure on our around Jan 24, please PM me.

It was not our intention to leave affiliates in a lurch, and in fact we were in direct contact with many affiliates several weeks in advance of this change. In retrospect, we should have handled the mass notification of all affiliates ourselves so that we could say farewell to the CJ affiliate community personally.

So, hollow as it may sound at this point, THANK YOU to everyone who has promoted TFAW over the past 5 years at CJ. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

-Dale and Lisa

Will be reviewing your program early next week. If I have questions, I'll get 'em to you. Thanks.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread