ABW Ambassador
    CJ 1099 is Incorrect
    I received my CJ 1099 today and it's more than $100 higher than what I was paid in 2005, as verified by adding up each issued check from CJ's payment history which matches my records.

So you might want to verify yours.

1099 Way Off!
    Just got my 1099 too. It is over $3000 more than I actually made.

ABW Ambassador
    I also realized yesterday that the incorrect Payee name is on the 1099. CJ checks have always been payable to my own name. The 1099 has my website name on it. My website is not a legal entity.

So I updated my message to CJ through their interface. I haven't gotten any response to either issue.

My 1099 was made out to my web site name also instead of myself. They have my social security number right so hopefully everything is cool.

ABW Ambassador
    Still no response from CJ. I sent my first message to them last Wednesday late afternoon.

mine's also off by thousands of dollars

Mine is also made out to my website name (which is not a legal entity) instead of my name.

Mine is off by $0.08.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Mine is off by $0.08.
    Mine is off by 0.09 with my bank deposits. I find that the amount they claim to deposit and the amount that gets deposited often differs by 0.01, which I assume is due to rounding of fractions of cents.

Maybe Richard Pryor is behind it (remember that Superman movie?) and all those fractions of cents are making someone millions!

I know you're just joking, but nobody is getting rich off of it. If they make about 10,000 payments per month and we assume that half of them are off by a penny, that's only $50 per month.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks for the info- I'll have to check mine!

ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone who has reported an incorrect 1099 received a response from CJ? After 4 business days, I still haven't. This is extremely unprofessional.

ABW Ambassador
    I just received the following response. I've replaced the figures with x, y and z.

In reviewing your 1099, the difference between your number of $x and our number of $y is $z. In February 2005 you were paid $z on check #279981. That check cleared our bank on February 18, 2005. The 1099 is correct according to our records.
    In fact, that check was a re-issue from a 2004 check I never received but was included in my 2004 1099 and of course they charged me $25 to re-issue that check.

Additionally, they didn't respond to my message about the name on my 1099 being incorrect.

ABW Ambassador
    Already received a reply to my response that I sent within the past hour.

I have verified your information and you are correct. I am re-issuing a 1099 to you along with the void of the original one sent to you. I will also change the name on the 1099 to [my name]. Thank you.
    So here's a heads up if you ever have to get a CJ check re-issued. Be on the lookout that they didn't report it twice as income.

Just checked mine and sure enough, mine was off as well. I had a direct deposit that didn't go through due to my bank changing hands and mine is off that amount.

Nice Cj

BTW, who's responsible for Befree's 1099's?
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    BTW, who's responsible for Befree's 1099's?
    The individual merchant and not all of them issue them but it's still your responsibility to report the income.

Thanks Snowman
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread