My Affiliate Program and DirectTrack
    I'm a merchant trying to get some information on smaller affiliate programs that are off the CJ/Be Free platform, and was interested in the "DirectTrack" program as well as "My Affiliate Program" We manage just under a dozen larger name brand programs currently. Any sort of general information anyone has, or experiences with these programs I would love to hear. The kind of information I'm looking for would be along the lines of
    -how it differs from more traditional larger affiliate program hosts - the advantages/disadvantages
    -the clients shareasale serves - would this be a good fit with large recognizable names, or is it more geared towards smaller merchants
    -pricing information
    -the type of affiliates in the program - which ones perform the best, does it cater to a different set of affiliates than CJ/Be Free might
    -how do affiliates feel about the the shareasale program? Is is trusted, a program you have had good experience with, etc.

Any other information people feel is relevant I would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for your help all.

Matt Moore
    617-449-4216
    mattthered@gmail.com

ABW Ambassador
    As an affiliate, between MYAP and Directtrack, I like MYAP better. Shareasale is great, where I would go. It's trusted and about to win Favorite Network at ABW.

Question ???
    I would be happy to help you out with some recommendations.

There are a number of good affiliate networks. It depends on what type of promotions you are planning to run. Are you interested in running an affiliate program where the pay-out is based on cost per lead, cost per sale, cost per click or cost per thousand impressions?

Kimberly

We use DirectTrack, and continue to be happy with them. They are constantly improving. We use many other platforms as well for different programs, but all in all are satisfied with DT. They were recently purchased by DigitalRiver, which should help along in the improvements as well.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Matt,

I work for Kowabunga (MyAP) and just left you a message.

Happy to help in any way I can.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

MYAP is good, Shareasale is the only network in the world that is generally not the subject of trust (or lack thereof) issues.

Directrack works OK but it's a pin in the butt for affiliates to deal with. Also note that the affiliate interface displays the $$$ amount of sales the program have been generated for you through DT from all affiliates. Not sure if you want that posted out there for all the world to see. I joined one program a while back and saw that they had only $32k in sales posted after having their program up for several years; see if anybody rushes to put up any of their links.

CPA Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Directrack works OK but it's a pin in the butt for affiliates to deal with. Also note that the affiliate interface displays the $$$ amount of sales the program have been generated for you through DT from all affiliates. Not sure if you want that posted out there for all the world to see. I joined one program a while back and saw that they had only $32k in sales posted after having their program up for several years; see if anybody rushes to put up any of their links.
    Hi All!

Chocolate, displaying the aggregate sales or leads for a campaign is up to the DirectTrack client to decide. 50% do show this info, and 50% do not. My personal suggestion is not to.

In addition, we are in the midst of a project to completely re-write the affiliate interface. The goal is to make some of the high end functions easier to use and have a better flow. When we comlete this project and release the new tools and interface options, each DT user will then need to activate the new features.

We've set up a new demo account for the site www.toyztoday.com that is a little more flexible and showcases some highlights availible to affiliates. If anyone would like a temporary password to this account, please email or PM me.

Mark Romanelli
    DirectTrack Manager

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread