Several Sites
    I have a quick question maybe somebody could answer for me.

I have several different domains and websites. Essentially they are all part of a Network. I also have a couple stray personal sites aside from my business sites.

Can I use the same account for all sites or do I need to create several different accounts for each website?

Does Google frown upon using more than one site, etc...?

You can use the same AdSense account and code on as many sites as you want. They even let you create multiple "channels" so you can track each one individually.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Oh ok, cool. So I don't need to list the sites anywhere in my account? Just copy and paste the codes and go nuts?

I heard once that Google doesn't like you to create more than one account with a different email address. Is this correct info? I wanted to do that once but a buddy of mine told me Google frowns on that?

How true is this?

Not sure about that, but there's 2 ways to do channels. In your case, for multiple sites, use the URL tracking. If you wanted to check conversions for different methods on the same site, use the Cutom Channels, which involves using different code snippets.

With URL channels, you can use the same code for all adsense blocks of the same "type" (size, text type, appearance, etc)
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

OK I see what you mean. I was just there and figured that part out. I appreciate the help guys.

I am still curious if it frowned upon to actually create another account. I heard you can get banned from the program by doing this. I wasn't sure if this was actually true or not.

I guess they may frown on it because you would actually be getting 2 checks in the same name each month.

Thanks

These links should help

policies

TOS

and FAQ

Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remmy1611
    Oh ok, cool. So I don't need to list the sites anywhere in my account? Just copy and paste the codes and go nuts?

I heard once that Google doesn't like you to create more than one account with a different email address. Is this correct info? I wanted to do that once but a buddy of mine told me Google frowns on that?

How true is this?
    Don't create different accounts - it may trip a red flag. Use a single account - they can keep plenty good track of all your different domains used.

Yes, go nuts. But don't really go nuts!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I don't have the need for multiple accounts,

But if I did, then I would use my partners name, that couldn't upset Google.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; February 9th, 2006 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Manual Signature and Spam Link Removed

Spam again, and you'll be removed from ABW too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Please tell me Michael, how do I set up my signature, because I tried in vain.
    I am not a spammer, I am a marketer.

Pete Lauder
    -------------------------
    Signature unavailable

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by byegum
    Why do i see this on a tshirt being worn on a certain cruise...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Remmy1611
    OK I see what you mean. I was just there and figured that part out. I appreciate the help guys.

I am still curious if it frowned upon to actually create another account. I heard you can get banned from the program by doing this. I wasn't sure if this was actually true or not.

I guess they may frown on it because you would actually be getting 2 checks in the same name each month.

Thanks
    There are some reasons to have 2 accounts, I do. But I have it approved through google when they called me to come back to the program for some of my sites. I also have an email stating one account will not have an impact on the other. Can never be too careful.

But i would not just do it on your own, email them and explain why you need the two accounts (if you have a reason).

Chet

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byegum
    Please tell me Michael, how do I set up my signature, because I tried in vain.

Pete Lauder
    -------------------------
    Signature unavailable
    You probably need to have a certain number of posts in order to have a signature. I believe you need special permission (and a LOT of posts) in order to list a link in your signature. It's a give and take thing - if you prove you are giving a lot to this forum then they might let you have that privilege.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread