Cool I am a baby newbie (and that is way new!)
    I am one of thousands trying to generate mortgage leads. CJ won't even talk to me and LinkShare said the following:
    You need to have
    $10,000 up front
    $3,000 per month

I need to speak with you to learn more about your mortgage business. We
    very rarely work with mortgage lead companies due to possible fraud. We
    prefer to partner with retailers and catalogers that drive millions in
    e-commerce.
    Alrighty then!

So I am thinking of Share-a Sale. What are the good bad and ugly aspects?

Thanks very much!!

Hmmmm. Not sure I know of any "bad and ugly" ones about SaS... There are things to work on, but all of the essential stuff (for a merchant) has already been taken care of, and keeps being "polished"...

Highly recommended!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Hmmmm. Not sure I know of any "bad and ugly" ones about SaS... There are things to work on, but all of the essential stuff (for a merchant) has already been taken care of, and keeps being "polished"...

Highly recommended!

Geno
    I second what Geno said. I don't know of any "bad or ugly" aspects either.

Steve
    Rainebrooke.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    To save you some time, I'll give you the formula to affiliate success:

1. Go on Share-A-Sale
    2. Open a forum or announce your program on ABW
    3. Hire and OPM like Andy Rodriguez, Chris Sanderson, Greg Rice, Jorge Ramirez, or Shawn at AffAction (and listen to what they say). They all have forums here at ABW. Or you can use Share-A-Sale's inhouse management, Carolyn Tang is awesome.

If they can't make your program work, it's not going to work no matter what you do.

Good luck.

2 thumbs up for SAS if your asking for my opinion.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suluta
    To save you some time, I'll give you the formula to affiliate success:

1. Go on Share-A-Sale
    2. Open a forum or announce your program on ABW
    3. Hire and OPM like Andy Rodriguez, Chris Sanderson, Greg Rice, Jorge Ramirez, or Shawn at AffAction (and listen to what they say). They all have forums here at ABW. Or you can use Share-A-Sale's inhouse management, Carolyn Tang is awesome.

If they can't make your program work, it's not going to work no matter what you do.

Good luck.
    You've made only 5 posts but can come up with this (which is PERFECT!)!!!
    Suluta, I salute you!

Affiliate Manager
    Good = The SAS team. They do sincerely care about affiliates, merchants, and being a fair player in the affiliate industry. Brian throws a good party too

Could be better = Since its a smaller network with (generally) smaller players, there's a smaller raw pool of affiliates to work with. Aff recruitment should be a key part of your opening moves. Also, quality of your offer makes a huge difference to the quality of your affiliates. This is your outsourced sales team... Pay them appropriately and they'll ensure a great business relationship.

Bad = The SAS merchant interface. Its gotten better, but still has a LOT to be desired. I don't know if CJ or LS is any better, but I do know from a user interface and usability standpoint, its horrible.

Overall, as a CPA Merchant on SAS we've been satisfied and continue to develop our relationship with our affiliate team & SAS.

All the best, good luck!

Dave

SAS Merchant interface
    Can you elaborate more on why the SAS Merchant interface is horrible?

Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put down SAS as a provider, but on the merchant side a LOT is left to be desired.

For instance, when someone applies for FTP access, I have to go manually look them up (there's no way to just say 'yes, give them FTP access'), plus I can't tell if an FTP approved affiliate is even using the feed. There's no dynamic feed upload either. The internal email system features a little tiny textarea box to enter an email, it doesn't track emails, and I can't get a read receipt (so I have no idea if my affiliate actually got it or not).

I used to be a site developer (in my tech days) so I spent a lot of time and energy on user interface & ergonomics (in the sense of how easy it is to do things or not). Those couple of things that I described are honestly the tip of the iceburg, but they're what comes to mind.

Like I said, I'm in no way shape or form trying to knock SAS as a great value... I just think there's plenty more that could be done on the interface to be far more efficient and useful.

All the best,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    You've made only 5 posts but can come up with this (which is PERFECT!)!!!
    Suluta, I salute you!
    lol, I've been lurking around a while, and have had great teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by or_wa
    Can you elaborate more on why the SAS Merchant interface is horrible?

Thanks!
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I think SAS' merchant interface is better then CJ's, and is only lacking to Linkshare's in Merchant related tools. But the only one who cares about Merchant tools are.... Merchants. More info below.

More importantly, SAS' affiliate (as in affiliate marketing) interface and tools are WAY ahead of their much larger comptetition. That's what matters, you're affiliates have tools. Really good and usefull tools that they don't have to pay additional for.

Worried about the lack of affiliate base? Don't be. That's why I said get an OPM and announce on ABW. If they're an affiliate, you'll reach them one of those two ways. If you can't, you probably do not want to.

Better yet, SAS doesn't overcharge for absolutely everything. Linkshare (over)charges for absolutely EVERYTHING! (sorry for the little rant, I really like Linkshare, but they're so expensive).

So, in conclusion, SAS is affordable, has a nice affiliate base, has the trust of affiliates, has trustworthy affiliates (another long discussion), and has more then acceptable Merchant tools (want more? make your own). Why oh why would you go anywhere else?

I tried to just say it in my first post and save you the time of reading this post (and me writing it), but, alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Good luck!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread