Do you all put the price of your product into your google ads?
    For those of you who use adwords, do you put the price of your product into your ads?
    Im selling an information product that costs $29.95 to buy and I dont know if I should put the price into my ad.
    You have so little space to work with already so putting $29.95 into the ad takes up a lot of real estate.

On the one hand, no one will click unless they already know that the product costs money and isn't free, so I wont be wasting clicks on epople who may not be serious in buying.

On the other hand Ill get wayyyy less clicks and less opportunities for them to see my product.
    And also if my ad gets lots of pageviews but very few clicks then the ad might be cancelled.

Anyone here have experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by grove
    For those of you who use adwords, do you put the price of your product into your ads?
    I never do. I would just put "best price" or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by grove
    On the one hand, no one will click unless they already know that the product costs money and isn't free, so I wont be wasting clicks on epople who may not be serious in buying.
    There is a risk, and if you want to avoid these clicks, then don't ask others, but just put in "ONLY $29.95" into the text of your ad.

Geno

I've been in marketing since I was 15 and here is what I learned about price.

Selling isn't telling. What I mean is if people have common knowledge of the price of your product, (example: Apple ipod nano $99.95 and your price is $95.95) then don't bother to waste that ad real estate with the price. You want to honestly promote and convince people that you are worth that click to check you out. Then your website better be up-to-par to convert them to buyers. <back to the example> BUT, if you are selling Ipod Nano for $29.95 brand new, then heck yeah advertise your price.

This really only works on certain items were people have a perceive value for that item.

There is my 2 cents.

Why are you thinking anyway? Is your price good? "Little space"? I think, there's plenty of space for brief, eloquent and catchy add. With a price too...

My take is that it depends on the price kinda like Grove said, but if I can avoid a lookielou at 70 cents a pop for a $2k item, i'll gladly throw the price out if nothing more than to scare them away...if they don't know exactly what they are looking for. The other side of that sword is you have to watch for price updates like a hawk.

29.95 is a whole different ballgame where terms like discount, coupon and free shipping enter my mind (but then again why would you run an ad for those items? better convert like a mo fo). In general i try to sell service before price.

Then again i'm not making squat so my ears are open as well ;-)

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Without knowing the product and competition, hard to say. I think it will be less effective when you show the price. But test it and measure your roi for each case and see what happens.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread