Angry War on Lypha
    WAR!!!!!

I paid Lypha for a domain name (which I don't use, but it's the master site for my reseller account, which I only use to create my own sites, not truly resell).

It's on auto-renew. I was charged to renew it for x number of years last month...

Guess what? They didn't do it.

I can't get into my web host manager, and I'm anxiously awaiting Lypha to rectify the situation. The domain name has been purchased by another party...

Like I said, I don't even have content on that site, so I wasn't watching it like a hawk. But what does AUTORENEW mean to you? Especially if you've paid for it?

Lypha is TEH SUCK.

I should have known there was trouble in December when I had to tell them that they haven't invoiced me for hosting in 3 months. They then sent the invoices THAT DAY with late charges and a suspension notice.

I'll be spending the hours leading up to the Super Bowl tomorrow moving websites to my good host, Akoss.

Lypha: A Pox on you and your children...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

According to my billing page at Lypha, this was renewed 1/15/2006. By me. So they have some explaining to do...
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Sorry to hear Noth...Hosting can be such a pain...moving sites especially.
    Went through it more than a few times. I'm with a good host now(same as akoss ). Just trying to figure out if I should have someone else manage my server or keep struggling with it ...UGH... Good Luck with the move.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

thanks. This is a principle thing. It's not going to cost me sales, as the domain in question was dead. It's more a question of nailing their butts to the wall
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

I'm not going to bore you all with the details, but to some up this comedy of errors:

They told me to pick one of my associated domains to make the Top Level on the reseller account. So I did.

Then they told me I'd have to delete the account for that site in my WHM in order for them to move it.

Anyone see the 2 problems with that?

1.) The website on the domain I want to use would go BYE BYE.... I don't think so.

2.) I can't get IN to my WHM... So how I would I delete it even if I wanted to?

At least they didn't just delete it for me. Then I would really be non plussed.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Ok. I wasn't going to bore you, but know I'm going to document this entire case as a testament as to HOW bad Lypha is. They're latest effort to me:

Thank you for writing in.

We are sorry as we are not able to find the domainname xxxxxx .com being listed in the WHM of the server. We are forwarding the ticket to our Billing Department to look further into the issue and to update you at the earliest.

Please let us know if you need further assistance in this regard.
    The domain I blocked out here is the one they originally didn't renew for me. I've explained this to them 3 times.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Whm
    It isn't neccessary to remove an entire account. In WHM they click "Reseller Center", click the drop down and find the domain of your site to get reseller privs and make that domain a reseller, then click the nice shiny button that says "Change Ownership of Multiple Accounts" and click the checkbox next to all the ones that have the owner as your previous domain name. Click OK and its done.

Good luck with your old host.

Jason

God knows what they have going on over there... It's a live and learn from me, and i escaped relatively unscathed....
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    You should tell them you're going to sue them if they don't re-purchase the domain from the new owner.

That'll learn them.

Heh, I think their liability is probably in the TOS of their site. Most likely it is limited to 1 month of fees for web hosting.

I use a virtual server for some of my sites from powervps.com. I have been hosting and developing web sites for almsot 3 years now and they are top notch. Not the cheapest as their starting VPS is $44.50 a month but it comes with unlimited domains, WHM and cpanel for administration.

I wouldn't try hosting 500 domains but it can definitly handle 20-30 light to medium usage sites and you wouldn't have to worry about that problem ever again as YOU are the one that runs WHM.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread