Pid=xxxxxx
    Hello all,

When I do a search on google for "PID=XXXXXX" with my CJ PID why am I seeing results? Some of the links I am finding even originate on my merchants sites! Anyone else seeing this? Which leads to my next question, How do I change my PID? I tried searching help in CJ with no luck.

Tami

If your only using one pid right now that would be your main, and I don't know if you can just change that.

You can get a new pid if you have a different site that you want to create links for by going to the account tab/ to website settings/ to from there you can add a site if you like, which will give you a new pid for future use.

If you do change your pid on your main site, you will have to recode all of your links using that pid.

Start by emailing the advertiser and ask why the link is where you found it. I did a search and found no such link for a few of my pids

Yes it is my main site, I do have others as well. I just checked my others in google and I got results from them as well, not as many but some. The only thing I can think is that perhaps google at some point spidered these links and included them in results? They do seem to all "Supplemental". I am also getting results on Yahoo. Not just my merchants sites but also links on unrelated sites.
    Weird.

Thanks,
    Tami

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Some of the links I am finding even originate on my merchants sites!

Is that with Google?

I think ou've hit the google 302 redirect problem. Don't worry, apparently they;ve fixed it with the Big Daddy update.

">Some of the links I am finding even originate on my merchants sites!"
    "Is that with Google?"

Yes, why would it be considered the google 302 redirect problem? Curious because I have been trying to figure out/solve why my site has been penalized since 12/2004. Could this possibly have been the problem?

Also would it be possible to be google penalized because of your PID number appearing on other sites maybe bad neighborhoods?

Thanks
    Tami

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I saw your post and we have seen a similar listing of affiliate PID when we search for site:www.backcountry.com PID. We get 10,500 listings. These are affiliates who have been indexed with our datafeed. The SERP's give credit to us as the originating site. We track PID and credit affiliates for sales even when they do not originate from a CJ affiliate link. So they are covered.

When we run the same search through Big Daddy the number of links drop to less than 1000. It tells us that the PID rankings are redundant to our rankings. Hope this helps.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread