ABW Ambassador
    How do you resist the temptation ?
    There are so many good offers for affiliates - how do you resist the temptation to signup for them all ?

I mean, there are some very good offers on abestweb (like say nish's new Montred) and elsewhere which you feel has the potential for good income, but you are not in that niche or related one presently, what is the best thing to do ?

I know they are good offers but I want to focus on my current niche and concentrate on improving it further. What are the drivers which keep you sticking to your current money-makers ?
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newaff
    What are the drivers which keep you sticking to your current money-makers ?
    THE MONEY!

The money keeps me loving the sites I have, but when I see a product that looks like it can make lots of additional money, I take time to build a site or at least a few pages to fit that product, then apply to the program. I"ve never been turned down for a program after they see the pages I built for their product.

Then I set back and hope it becomes one of the money makers. If it doesn't, then I go back and tweak the pages. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just wasn't ment to be.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

There are so many good offers for affiliates - how do you resist the temptation to signup for them all ?
    I don't resist. I sign up for anything I think might be worthwhile to promote. I never get around to promoting 90% of them, but I do sign up.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

If you have a money-maker, stick with it

If you'd like to branch out, follow your interests

I mean, there are some very good offers on abestweb (like say nish's new Montred) and elsewhere which you feel has the potential for good income, but you are not in that niche or related one presently, what is the best thing to do ?

I know they are good offers but I want to focus on my current niche and concentrate on improving it further. What are the drivers which keep you sticking to your current money-makers ?
    Newaff,
    Glad you liked the MontRED program.

As for resisting the temptation of joining all the good programs, as Michael said, you don't necessarily have to resist. Sign up, check out how the program looks from the inside, talk to the AM, see if they can help you start off in the new niche while you continue focussing on your existing money-makers. After a while, if you really & practically see a good potential in this program, you can start promoting it with full steam.

cheers!
    -nishith

DON'T! Grab 'em all!

Geno

Always be trying something new and always be experimenting - you never know where your (next) big breakthrough will come from.

Like MichaelColey I sign up far more stuff than I ever get around to.

I leave it a while and then come back, if it seems uninteresting or a bit dull, I don't bother as it will always be painful to deal with.

But don't worry about trying things that don't succeed, the most successful people have the most failures as they try the most new things. As time goes by, your successful hit rate will improve as you get a better idea at what you're good at.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread