View Poll Results: How Important is Real Time Reporting

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very - I won't work with Merchants who don't offer RT reporting.

15 65.22%
  • Somewhat - It would be nice but I can wait.

5 21.74%
  • Could Care Less - I will work with any merchant that converts well (and pays)!

3 13.04%
    Arrow Do Real Time Sales Stats Help?
    Our program is on BeFree's bFast platform where we upload sales data every night. This means that there can be up to a 24 hours delay in getting sales statistics to affiliates. We are now thinking about adding in real-time reporting via our own web interface.

Question: How Important is Real-Time Sales Reporting?

----------
    Reha Kocatas
    Magazine-Agent.com

I've got a suggestion move your program to CJ

I personally like real time stats. It is great for full time webmasters and it is always great to have the information on hand.

I do find delayed stats annoying and I hate waiting!
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by chriscrm
    I've got a suggestion move your program to CJ
    That is in the works as the sunset on bFast approaches. Unfortunately moving is a major endeavour given the dependencies we have coded into the program.

Real-time sales reporting is critical when testing PPC campaigns that can churn through hundreds of dollars in less than an hour.

When addding a link to a page I always test to make sure it works. Part of that testing is to make sure the merchant tracking works. If the stats aren't real time that link will not go live and it may be days or weeks before I get back to it again. In the mean time I look for a replacement with better stats. Granted that is tough with niche products but the effort is worth it. Real time stats are like good customer service. You'll do a lot better business if you have them both.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    When addding a link to a page I always test to make sure it works. Part of that testing is to make sure the merchant tracking works. If the stats aren't real time that link will not go live and it may be days or weeks before I get back to it again. In the mean time I look for a replacement with better stats. Granted that is tough with niche products but the effort is worth it. Real time stats are like good customer service. You'll do a lot better business if you have them both.

Ray
    Very true Ray. Couldn't have said it better.

-nishith

I voted for real time stats... but if you are moving to CJ or going in house I can wait...
    the only reason I need real time stats is when I'm testing my marketing ideas...

I can hardly imagine the potenial programing nitemare you guys are facing.. with having to completly rebuild your infrastructure to work with a new platform... while keeping all the existing stuff live.. so the sales can continnue to flow

As long as the PL sites remain stable.. I'm happy

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Thanks for the input everyone! Just a few days more and MagazineAgent shall comply with the majority

Real time stats sound great, but I have one UK merchant who report every 3 months (usually when I ask them) and then it's to tell me how much I've earned and nothing else. I make about 1000 a month from them - say $1700?

Another merchant - US this time - report once a year (special circumstances! I get a copy of every enquiry though) and the report is a cheque - similar amount to the above, maybe 50% more?

Stats ain't all they're cracked up to be.

Yeah, I have a few who don't even provide reporting. Just a check every month.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Very - I won't work with Merchants who don't offer RT reporting.
    Yes, it is important but I would still work with merchants even if they don't provide it.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread