Question How To Make Sales In Cj?
    Dear All,

I am a new affiliate in CJ.

I heard about CJ thru an e-book marketed in our country (INDIA) and they guided to join CJ even without a website, but I have my personal blogs and I have signed up with CJ as an aff and I have become publisher for certain merchants. I request if any one can help and guide me in making sales in CJ as the e-book that I purchased taught me to do business only thru GOOGLE ADS. It will be a turning point in my aff business if any one could help me do this.

Regards

INDIANAFF

>>> I request if any one can help and guide me in making sales in CJ >>>

No one will guide you in making sales. You can find tips here, browse the ABW forum.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by indianaff
    I request if any one can help and guide me in making sales in CJ as the e-book that I purchased taught me to do business only thru GOOGLE ADS.

INDIANAFF
    what's wrong with GOOGLE ADS?

Hello waytogo

No sales only clicks n impressions i got in google ads

You must be smart enough to do Affiliate Marketing though Google Adwords, its one crowded place. I stay away from it.

Search and browse these forums as well as others. Not many people will share with the competition.

Howdy Indianaff,
    Browse through ABW's Affiliate Marketing forum for tips and hints. No one is going to hand you answers on a platter. This is the business world--you have to educate yourself. I don't mean to sound harsh, but there's gold nuggets of info throughout these forums. No one's going to dig them up for you.

Good luck with affiliate marketing! There's a lot to learn and its constantly changing, so keep on checking in and reading through the forums.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Do you have a link to this e-book that you read? The fact ot the matter is the Google ranking algorithms are becomming less tolerant of direct linking and more rewarding to those who have unique content. You should probably start building some simple landing pages, at very least, for your PPC artbitrage campaigns.

Things to look out for to determine advertisers to avoid:

800 numbers overly promoted, membership clubs, too many outside links, them sending traffic to one of their non aff stores, them overwriting your cookie, and coupon sites closing sales. Coupons are good if you are a coupon site but if you are a content site who doesn't have time to keep up, it makes things difficult.

__

Things to work on.

Contribute to the internet. Help make it a place people enjoy. Help make it a place where people can learn. Help encourage discussion. Don't become just another site standing in the way of, blocking, people finding what they are looking for. That might not help you make money with rating obsessed cj. Content sites don't generally convert as well with cj. But the approach will help you make money with other advertisers who make it easier to match ads with content.

I am not going to say which advertisers outside cj might work better with blogs but it is not that hard to figure out.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hi IndianAff,

To answer your original question and offer some help on "how to make sales with CJ" first, you need to find merchants with products you think you can sell to your particular traffic. There is no guarantee that you'll make sales and sales are fewer for most of us than we'd like so don't become discouraged if you don't make a lot of sales a day. If you link a merchant to your site and no sales come in after a reasonable amount of time (give it at least a month or more) and you can see you are sending them a lot of visitors, pull them off your site without hesitation and replace them with another merchant who has the same or similar products. Definitely join other networks as well to find a variety of merchants and options.

What you will not find in this or probably any other affiliate marketing forum is a list of "good converting merchants" because many people feel that competition will hurt their own chance of making sales. Whether you buy into this or not, it's just the way it works.

What everyone else already said above is very valid. Read all you can on this forum, go through as many threads as possible to get a good feel for the business. Also, always feel free to post any questions you might have. You never know ... someone might be feeling a spark of generosity and actually answer you with helpful insight.

Best of luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Great advice, Rexanne

There's a lot of good advice in this entire thread

I just have a comment on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    If you link a merchant to your site and no sales come in after a reasonable amount of time (give it at least a month or more) and you can see you are sending them a lot of visitors, pull them off your site without hesitation and replace them with another merchant who has the same or similar products.
    After a reasonable amount of time if I see that I am sending lots of traffic to a merchant without making sales I'll take a look at where the traffic is going.
    How come I generate a lot of traffic but the traffic has not converted into commissions?

onthepond listed things to look for: could one (or more) of the features listed by onthepond be interfering with my commissions? If so, yank the link.

What if the interfering features are not there?
    Perhaps it's a traffic building scale ... sometimes it's an indication that sales will be coming

I often pull the merchants who have no click throughs within a given period of time. If the traffic isn't going through then I want to try a different link that will generate traffic.

Diversification is great: sign up with a lot of merchants from the same and/or different networks -- this will help you to zero in on your success
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Don't become just another site standing in the way of, blocking, people finding what they are looking for.
    Any content site that comes up, when a person is looking to BUY things, is doing EXACTLY that--getting in the way of the sales/commercial sites that the Shopper is trying to find, and blocking the Shopper's progress.

Give the SHOPPER what they want--point them at the merchant, tell them what they want to know about the merchant and the product, and don't make them waste their time reading a bunch of irrelevant yada-yada.

How To Make Sales In Cj?
    My above comment will help a lot in that effort.

SELL the stuff! Write sales pitches. Leave the entertainment to theaters, and the education to schools. Embrace your retail-ness and commerciality.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Exactly what Leader said.

In fact if you concentrate on products that somebody already intends to buy before they even come looking for it, all you have to do is be the one who sends them to the merchant site. If you've got what they want at the right price, you don't even need a sales pitch. Just here it is, buy it here.

Get them out of there fast. If they want to buy, get them to the merchant site. If they want the obscure historical information about the stuff, let them just bugger off and go to the library. This is a bookstore; get your wallet out or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Leave the entertainment to theaters, and the education to schools.
    Nice quote, Leader.

Since this is an aff forum, I understand that the idea the internet should be something other than just one giant mail order catalog is foreign.

I think I will tell all the educators who come to one of my sites that there are actually people who think the internet should have nothing to do with education to see what they would have to say about that. Funny. I also might go stick a stick in a beehive.

Indianaff mentioned blogs so I was just rambling on from the content perspective.

I don’t fully disagree with the other perspectives. Coupon and Shopping Comparison Sites do make money. But I do like finding content on the internet and I like trying to contribute. And regardless of what has been said, I suspect most of you agree.

I mean, Abestweb is a content site that does educate and you are here.

___

And IndianAff, do especially look at Leader's threads because she does contribute quite a bit of content here and she does educate people quite well.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Any content site that comes up, when a person is looking to BUY things, is doing EXACTLY that--getting in the way of the sales/commercial sites that the Shopper is trying to find, and blocking the Shopper's progress.

Give the SHOPPER what they want--point them at the merchant, tell them what they want to know about the merchant and the product, and don't make them waste their time reading a bunch of irrelevant yada-yada.

My above comment will help a lot in that effort.

SELL the stuff! Write sales pitches. Leave the entertainment to theaters, and the education to schools. Embrace your retail-ness and commerciality.
    LOL - Leader - you crack me up.

But I agree that if someone is trying to shop, don't stand in their way, make it easier for them to pull out that credit card and buy.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread