Question Requirements to make $ with Adsense or Adwords
    I never really liked the idea of Adsense on my blogs or sites so I haven't tried (doubt that I will).
    I'm betting that people will tire of the Adsense ads, but maybe I am wrong.
    Right or wrong -- a site or blog *must* have some characteristics/elements in order to make money with Adsense in general terms.

What types of sites or blogs would make money with Adsense?

What types of sites or blogs should just forget about it?

I have read some webmasters on Freewebspace.net complain about Google's Adsense -- makes me feel shy

I have blogs with Google's Blogger and there is always an invitation to "sign up here ---- "

I have not seen an Adwords invitation. What type of webmaster gets involved with Adwords?

Who should shy away from Adwords?

Adwords seem to involve bidding and I'm just lost on that

Thanks for any direction you can give --- and let's give a hand to the Smilie Maintenance Crew -- they're doing a great job in maintaining these smilies
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well, they're two very different but related things.

AdSense
    That just came up in this thread which has some useful tips. Some people do make a living from AdSense alone. In the worst case, you'll probably cover your expenditure.

More than any other program, AdSense can usually manage to create at least a small amount of revenue from just about any kind of web site you can think of. It's a good incentive to create high-quality sites that people come back to, rather than the "wham bang" approach sometimes used in affiliate marketing.

If you're interested in AdSense, then probably the first thing you need to do it create a good quality web site, because Google will want to see it before they accept you. Once you're into the AdSense program, then you can add the ads to other sites too.. within reason.

AdWords
    Again, I'd argue that AdWords is for everybody. The targetting is very good, and the cost of acquiring visitors is only a few cents per head.

Of course, to make money from AdWords, you need to make more money from visitors than you are paying out. That's something that can be tricky - you can easily burn your way through a big pile of cash if you don't take care. Experminent a little, keep the budgets low and when you've made a few sales, you might be able to see if it's viable for the product you are promoting.

Really, AdWords is very easy, and it's quite a flexible system. You don't really "bid" as such, you just set a maximum cost-per-click and Google sorts out the rest.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thanks, Dynamoo, for your input

I am still not sure how a webmaster gets into Adwords although I see the invitation for Adsense each time I log into Blogger.

I'm just curious I guess
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    https://adwords.google.com/select/

Can click the Learn More links and it'll tell you everything you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    https://adwords.google.com/select/

Can click the Learn More links and it'll tell you everything you need to know.
    Thanks for the link, but Adwords looks like it is for businesses who own the inventory. American Meadows owns the flower seeds, Designer Hospital Gowns and Vavra's Made in Italy are "default businesses" -- they own the business.

Me, I own the website(s) and promote the products/services/and business of other companies. I publish sites ... so, in other words, if I wanted Google to promote an ad campaign for "my site A" I could start with US$45.00 for a targeted Google campaign to drive traffic to my site.

Okay, that's going to go on the backburner for me ... perhaps some day in the very distant future ... maybe I'll cook up something

Right now it's basic affiliate stuff for me

I'd like to improve my affiliate techniques ... I'd like to try a FREE datafeed ... I need to do something before Adwords ...

Thanks for the info
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    "Thanks for the link, but Adwords looks like it is for businesses who own the inventory."

It's for anybody who has some money to spend. There are some affiliates who do nothing but PPC and make a good living with it. You can promote the products and services of other companies you're affiliated with via PPC. Bring them to your site, they click a link on over to the merchants and hopefully buy something, you get your commission.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Thanks for the link, but Adwords looks like it is for businesses who own the inventory."

It's for anybody who has some money to spend.
    It wouldn't be worth it to me at this time, but I thank you for your comments
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Rhia7,

Why not try AdWords for $5 a day? Select a few tightly niched key words and watch them throught the day. If you get alot of clicks on a certain keyword but no sales then drop that key word. Then keep on eliminating keywords until you find the ones that you are doing well with...then little by little up your daily $.

Most of my AdWords run $1.75 -$2.35 a click and I spend around $100- $130 a day but I built up to that. It's a great way to get traffic to a new site. The site that I am running the AdWords for, is only 2 months old and without AdWords I would not have the traffic or the sales that I do now. Sure I could have waited to be pick up naturally
    but I wanted to hit the new year fast & hard.

I don't know if I'll continue to run AdWords for this site long term, I'll just have to go day by day.

A long time ago I got burned pretty bad with AdWords and swore that I would never go that way again, but once I stopped listening to all the "gurus" who tell you to find 1,000 keywords and jump in with $100 a day, and just started small, it started to work out. Maybe tons of keywords are great for those who can watch and track their account all day, I can't. So I just do it very small.

Thanks, Westgroup

I'm not really into Adsense or Adwords at this time, but I like reading your suggestions anyway

At least I have a better understanding of Adwords now -- I just wondered what was going on
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Thanks, Westgroup

I'm not really into Adsense or Adwords at this time, but I like reading your suggestions anyway

At least I have a better understanding of Adwords now -- I just wondered what was going on
    Rhia7 - Adsense can make you money. Not as much as a good converting merchant but if you have content pages, adsense is MONEY. I would urge you not to reject it altogether, unless you are doing strictly merchant pages.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Rhia7 - Adsense can make you money. Not as much as a good converting merchant but if you have content pages, adsense is MONEY. I would urge you not to reject it altogether, unless you are doing strictly merchant pages.
    Thanks

I'd think about it perhaps at some future date, but not now, not where I am now with my sites. I'd like to concentrate on making each web page interesting -- I'd like people to have a reason to visit my sites -- I'll think about the Adsense & the Adwords perhaps in the future.

Freewebspace.net is a great place to find the latest complaints about Adsense (I don't know if those webmasters are into Adwords)
    It's something I'm just not into -- but hey, if people were talking about it, it is interesting to learn about

Vegas could make me money too -- maybe I'll go some day
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7

I'd like to improve my affiliate techniques ... I'd like to try a FREE datafeed ...
    Oooh, I heard somewhere else that to take advantage of datafeed one needs a broadband connection ... I'm on dial-up -- that probably won't change -- so I'm out if datafeed depends on a superfast connection
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread