Arrow Tracking PPC keywords to the point of sale
    Ok....for all you tracking junkies who track everything on your website, keywords and signups......here is a question for you.

For the time being, there is no real way of tracking PPC keywords to the point of sale on merchant websites without a remote tracking script, which most adtracking programs offer these days.

There is another way of tracking sales within affiliate networks such as CJ.com, Linkshare, and Performics from keywords that brought the visitor to that sale/signup. Its called Sales ID or Member IDs. These IDs are added to the end of your affiliate link so that anything that gets appended to the end of your link will show up within the affiliate network reports once a sale is made. CJ's Sales ID is ?sid= and Performics is ?mid=.

The key here is to have your tracking url (http://yourwebsite.com/?search=goog&...=online+gaming) dynamically append to the end of your affiliate link sales ID once clicked by your visitor. The link will then be added to the end of the Sales ID string (?sid=). Once the tracking URL is added to the end of the sales id, CJ and other affiliate networks will report the tracking URL along with any sale made under their reports section.

Now for anyone who has followed my explanation thus so far, I have a question for you. Does anyone know of a script or program that will append the tracking URL to the end of my affiliate links dynamically? I will hire a programmer to do this for me if noone else has any further answers.

Anyone have any other methods of tracking your PPC keywords to the point of sale?

Regards,
    John

ABW Ambassador
    The trick is spending the money for the API and then buying the tokens.

Hey Merchant,

You might want to explain a little more on what your talking about. That makes no sense in regards to my question.

John

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Or working your way in sales volume with a merchant to the point where they'll script their action page (thanks for buying page) to include your conversion tracking snippet (when your the aff behind the sale).

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    And for the work involved in what you want to do (I've done it), you'll learn almost as much and save TONS of work and money and complications if you use your affiliate handoff (to the merchant) as a proxy for a completed sale and use the automated conversion tracking snippets and tools with G, Y and MSN.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread