Question The Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Effect?
    As Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware program use is on the rise, will that cut into affiliate marketing?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    As Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware program use is on the rise, will that cut into affiliate marketing?
    Slightly off-topic, I read a post on slashdot today about decline in spywares (mind you, not anti-spywares & anti-virus programs): http://www.livescience.com/technolog...3_spyware.html
    I take all such studies with a grain of salt though.

-nishith

ABW Ambassador
    All the spyware just got renamed to adware - and thats okay! Because adware empowers the end user by allowing them more choices in today's complex buying arena!

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    All the spyware just got renamed to adware - and thats okay! Because adware empowers the end user by allowing them more choices in today's complex buying arena!

Chet
    That sounds like a spindoctor spin if I ever heard one

You can call it spyware or you can call it adware, I hate it & I bet other consumers do too
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Unfortunately, Norton and other firewall programs consider CJ and LS to be spy/adware and their links/banners can be obliberated on your site. I use StatCounter and that's considered spyware also!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    Unfortunately, Norton and other firewall programs consider CJ and LS to be spy/adware and their links/banners can be obliberated on your site.
    That definitely is a point of concern. I am wondering if widespread use of those programs will cut into legitimate affiliate transactions?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yes, I think so, by visitors simply clicking away, wondering what the heck is the matter with this site? I posted a page about what to do with this problem and have links on many pages leading to it. And yep, it's clicked through a lot.

I'm on a Mac, so I didn't really understand the implications until I got Virtual PC and used the Norton demo to see what would happen. I freaked! And promptly set up a page and several dozen links from my most popular pages back to it.
    Renée

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    www.stopbadware.org join and support this one!
    http://www.windowsonecare.com/
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

Bye Bye you commission stealing double dipping Adwhores, as the bar has been raised for any and all Anti-??? type programs. Hopefully Microsoft will run Norton security suite out of business and the FTC will muzzle affiliate network data mining spyware and their selling privacy info to the DMA and IAB members, along with using insider keyword conversion stats to pad their own pockets.

Heard 3 top CJ employees quit the same day when ValueClick/CJ muzzled their ability to run affiliate sites on the side using insider information gleened from network stats, Super Affiliate ebiz secrets and the clickstream datamining spyware revealing what works for the 300,000 CJ affiliates. Cookie cannons par excellance. Nice to have the weasels guarding the hen house!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

In order to cut down on spyware I switched to the Firefox browser but apparently it is not as popular as I thought it would be.

People still use MSIE which allows spyware to come in through the back door thanks to some flaw
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yes, I provide a link to the free MS program. Want to hear something funny? I received an email from a network that was promoting Norton. Hah, Norton wants affiliates? Have they been something funny?

I replied and asked if they were going to censor their own links like they did other networks. Never received a reply.
    Renée

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread