Search Partners for adwords
    Just scratching my head here trying to figure out how shopping engines such as shopzilla, bizrate and others are considered google search partners?

Are they not actually content partners with adsense? I just looked one over and found no ability to search google on it.

whereas AOL uses google search technology and would be what I think of as a "search partner"

what is the difference from a search partner to a content partner?

does anyone know of a list of these search partners?

ABW Ambassador
    I think they're more considered as being part of the Google Network which consists of the global search network and content network.

https://adwords.google.com/support/b...=6119&hl=en_US

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They are ALL SEM partners (not SE partners) spending a minimum of 5 million per month on Adwords campaigns. You might as well throw in the network run SEM teams using affiliate and merchant data mined stats as well as lower on the food chain PPCSE's syndicating through BHO's.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

It just seems counter productive to put money in the pockets of shopping portals trying to do the same thing as my catalog site although with a much better format. Does anyone know of a way to exclude such shopping portals?

I see that they do allow site targeting, but it's more for advertisers (or site based marketing) than affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    "Does anyone know of a way to exclude such shopping portals?"

Opt out of having you ads show in the content network.

Click Edit Campaign Settings and then to the right you'll see:
    Show My Ads On:

Google Search
    Search Network
    Content Network

And then you can just check what you want.

Trust,

That's what I'm saying..."search network"= google network, including shopping portals

it's kinda like paying the competition for traffic and the headaches that could come with traffic generated outside of google proper, such as lower conversion.

ABW Ambassador
    No,
    Search Network = AOL, Earthlink etc
    Content Network = shopping portals

Just uncheck the Content Network box if it's checked.

Oh wait, you're right, they have all that jacked up. They have Shopping.com with Ask Jeeves under Search Network.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    You could also choose to remain in the search and content network and name specific sites where you want to be excluded.
    https://adwords.google.com/support/b...13249&hl=en_US

Donuts,

I thought I saw that thanks for redirecting me ;-)

Is there a list that provides the names of the sites in the search network? I know that atleast one of the shopping portals has a few different domains.

modifications in process!

bump

exclusions do not count in the search network...your in or your out

it's in black and white how i missed that the first time i have no idea.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Trying to protect your Adsense click income without contributing traffic to Super affiliates and the major shopping portals and comparision shopping sites, network run SEM campaigns and the likes of eBay is hard. Then your going to run into cookie washing merchants and cookie stuffing affiliates regardless of your exclusion choices.

Few AM's protect their affiliates from the PPCSE cookie setting playas. Then you have the brand new browser searchbar programs bringing comparision shopping right to the shoppers desktop run by network Super Affiliates like Bizrate -shopping.com -Nextag -shopzilla -pricerunner and others operating on insider information you don't have access to...

The introduction of the Squaretrade.com SideBar comes amid the debut of a few other similar products, including NexTag's Toolbar and, most notably, Vendio's Dealio Toolbar which also focuses on consumer electronics and benefits from Vendio's history in the e-commerce marketplace. It was released in early August.

Another comparision shopping Adware side bar is Smartshopper.com
    http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=2270
    This adware doesn't display pop-ups in a normal sense. When visiting certain sites, a sidebar will appear on the left hand side of your IE browser displaying smartshopper ads.
    Information URL: http://www.smartshopper.com/smartsho...ing/Index.aspx

Properties: Redirects Searches - Stays Resident - Shows ads - Changes browser
    Related Products HotBar Adware HotBar is hosted on the same IP as this product so the owners are the same.

Feb 15th Vendio Services today announced that its Dealio.om comparison shopping toolbar, now covers all product categories, thanks to a new partnership with Shopzilla, one of the Web's largest comparison shopping site. Dealio claims to now covers virtually any product and category of products sold online. Vendio says Dealio now displays results from an index of over 30 million products and 100,000 online retailers.
    One new time-saving feature of the Dealio Toolbar is called "Select and Compare," which allows users to quickly compare prices for products listed on any Web page. With this feature, users can highlight any word or phrase on a Web page, right click, and select "Compare Prices with Dealio" from the context menu that appears. Dealio will then automatically search for and present the best prices on relevant products from the Web's leading merchants and eBay.

Dealio searches can be conducted "manually" for all products, without requiring the user to leave the Web site they're currently visiting. Users can enter a word or phrase into the Dealio search window located in the browser navigation bar, or use the new "Select and Compare" feature described above, to generate an up-to-the-minute "snapshot" of the current pricing for any product.

In other news, Vendio says in the coming weeks Dealio's automated search capabilities, currently operational for consumer electronics products, will be expanded to search all product categories and across hundreds of additional e-commerce sites. In those instances, Dealio will intuitively determine when a user is about to overpay for a product on a leading e-commerce site and instantly presents the user with an "alert" in the browser navigation bar listing the lowest current price at which the product in question is available online.

Vendio's Dealio Partners with Shopzilla
    "Dealio now displays results from an index of well over 30 million products and 100,000 online retailers, including apparel, home and garden products, computers, toys and jewelry."

The Marketplace tab displays Buy It Now and fixed price eBay listings. It also shows eBay Stores listings that usually require a special search to see at eBay. Our proprietary technology ensures ALL listings display the EXACT product you want, which eliminates the need to sift through pages of irrelevant results at eBay. Clicking on a Marketplace link takes you to that eBay listing where you can purchase the product immediately.

sample image screen shot... http://www.dealio.com/images/marketi...ated_large.png
    http://www.dealio.com/buying-guides/...l-cameras.html

If you hadn't noticed Linkshare -CJ/BF/Valueclick and Performics all are distancing themselves from the demands of domain bound affiliates. Damn shame we are being thrown to the commission sharks and Ad budget draining mass reach advertisers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ecom,

wow that means that there are 100,00 advertisers out there willing to pay us to help make sales....there is always a silver lining ;-)

the next thing will be how to disable search bars on your site ;-) wish i could code a bit better!

thanks for the info

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread