ABW Ambassador
    Google Auctioning Off Ad Space In Print Magazines

Interesting....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    VERY interesting. The great Goog spreads out into the magazine ad sales world. Also interesting that they are choosing to go with the auction method. God bless their giant-minded hearts.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Oh and doesn't that page make you want to bid? I was all gung ho to throw a bid in.

SO, this way we'll be seeing our ads in print mags now, too. This is a whole new arena for Internet businesses and Goog had the foresight to take the ball and run with it. I really, really like this idea!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think i have those kind of pockets, maybe some big affiliates or merchants might jump on in. Have to do your homework on how much you want to bid, not knowing how the others are bidding. But overall I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Don't think i have those kind of pockets, maybe some big affiliates or merchants might jump on in. Have to do your homework on how much you want to bid, not knowing how the others are bidding. But overall I like the idea.
    I just placed a bid! Couldn't help myself, too tempting, plus it's a whole new arena. WIll be interesting to see where it goes, how high the bids go, etc. Of course anyone could just pick up the phone and outright buy an ad in any of those magazines. The homework would be calling to find out standard ad rates so as not to overbid but I'll bid what I think it's worth to me. Figure the amount of eyeballs that will see it. Also, on print ads, it's good to figure 1 and a half or 2 sets of eyes seeing your ad because the mag is usually read by more than 1 person. Would be a great biz move for any of those mags to send freebie copies to doctor offices, huh? That'd make the ad space more valuable. - My brain in in high gear over this. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

One more thought that just popped into my head:

Buying print ads is a good BRANDING move.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Internet Cowboy
    I looked at the price of national magazine ads a few years back and was shocked at what the agency quoted me.
    We'll see if this is any different. I placed a bid but SERIOUSLY doubt I will get it. Would be cool if I did.
    I wish we could get at least SOME idea. If an ad in a national mag can be bought for $500, that is great. If it is going to go for $15000, this is a different matter. Maybe the'll publish price ranges or something of the sort.

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting !
    So this was why they were testing out those print ads earlier
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

ABW Ambassador
    Me thinks this is going to be very big in the coming months. This will be a tremendous boost to synergise online and offline advertisers. More & more offline advertisers will start advertising online and more of online ones would also add up further offline ad space.
    Great move by Google !
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I looked at the price of national magazine ads a few years back and was shocked at what the agency quoted me.
    We'll see if this is any different. I placed a bid but SERIOUSLY doubt I will get it. Would be cool if I did.
    I wish we could get at least SOME idea. If an ad in a national mag can be bought for $500, that is great. If it is going to go for $15000, this is a different matter. Maybe the'll publish price ranges or something of the sort.
    I placed a very low bid just to start. Will depend on how excited I get about the whole idea when it comes time to put up or shut up. It's also a tax write off so there's another angle to consider.

I doubt Goog will publish the actual cost of a print ad. You know what they charge in the "real world" so take it from there and see if we can get in dirt cheap, maybe in a lesser publication to test it at first.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by newaff
    Me thinks this is going to be very big in the coming months. This will be a tremendous boost to synergise online and offline advertisers. More & more offline advertisers will start advertising online and more of online ones would also add up further offline ad space.
    Great move by Google !
    Yep, yep and yep. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Home Magazine Ad Rates
    Home Magazine Ad Rates

http://www.hfmus.com/HachetteUSA/Pag...ome&Page=Rates

Looks interesting. My pockets are not deep enough for that kind of ad budget risk though. Too small of an ad outside of a classified section doesn't accomplish much regardless of the circulation.

I think I will stick to local print ads, flyers, signs on side of trucks, adwords, and viral marketing.

Guess it doesn't hurt to put in a low bid but......

I would bid on some (and still may), but I have a feeling they'll be bid higher than retail prices. (Of course Google probably expects the same thing.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I would bid on some (and still may), but I have a feeling they'll be bid higher than retail prices. (Of course Google probably expects the same thing.)
    Weird, huh? So they're basically just gonna be an agent for print ads. If the bid goes higher than a regular buy, that'll be stupid. We could all just buy ad space ourselves. The ideal would be to have the bids come in lower or there is no point.

I'm still fascinated by the concept and wondering why Goog is taking this direction. There's usually a method to their madness.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread