Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm a Domain Name Junky
    Hello, my name is Leeann and I'm a Domain Name junky...

Geez..I just got 10 more new names. I probably won't have time to develop them for months. I just counted how many names I have that have yet to be developed and the number is disturbing! I'm at 83

What's up with this type of addiction??? hmm..wonder if domainnamejunky.com is still available....
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    I am not a domain junky yet but the way I am going, I might be sooner than I want
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

http and a telephoto
    I shouldn't even be thinking about buying domain names anymore, really have no time to develop them, but went on a binge this weekend and my support group was no help at all, I asked them to stop me .... and they expanded my list instead!!!!! rofl.... domain name junkies unite!!!!! pool our money for better rates at popular registrars.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Actually, its a great idea to buy a bunch of domain names now even if you dont have time to develop them.

Make sure to at least put up a single page and try to get a few inbound links.

This will help you because hopefully the domain will be out of Googles sandbox or any type of age delay filter when you are ready to work on them.

I'm a total domain name junkie myself.... guess it's a better habit than drugs

one of my kids bought a 4-letter domain, his initials repeated, and I guess he just let it go last year after doing nothing with it. someone is offering it now for $9500.

I would be a domain name junky if I had more money to invest in that.

I have the theory on how SEO works and stuff, but I can't seem to get a sale and that's odd. Anyway, viva domain names!

i just bought some nice domains

There are still a lot of catchy names out there availible, you better get them while you can.

Those that know me know I need a serious 12 step recovery program. I have just a little over 300 domains and manage about three dozen for one of my mechants as well. And I don't just buy one at a time any more. My last two purchases were 10 domains and 6 domains at a time.

The worst part is only half of my domains are developed. But my goal this year is to get them all done and so far I have build about a half a dozen new sites this year alone so I'm well on my way.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I don't know how you can manage that much domains. Maybe because I'm lazy but I have trouble with my 2-3 websites.

Any tips you can share? O_o

Organization! I have a massive spreadsheet where I have them all broke down by network, merchants, what server I have them on, what registrar, and how much money they made last year. It's a great way to compare what is working and what is not.

Some site only make less than a hundred a year (but at least they pay for themselves). So, I'm presently updating and upgrading those sites using techniques and tricks that have worked well on other sites. In any case, it sure does make this business interesting for me.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I meant, how can you find the time to update de sites? datafeeds?

And other questions like that ;p

Frankly, I have some sites I have not updated in a year. And to be honest, a couple of my better earning sites are ones I created years ago in FrontPage (I now use Dreamweaver and datafeed) and have rarely updated them.

I like to experiment and although some sites are similiar, I like to see what new twist I can ad to each site I create. Otherwise it would sure be boring.

Almost all of my datafeed sites update automatically every day or every week. The hard part is remembering to go check them once in a while to make sure they are working.

What this has done for me is taken the worry off of me about getting top placement from just a few sites. I've deversified myself enough that I don't see bad reporting days like I used to with just a handful of sites.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

We're a bit off topic, would you mind if I PM'ed you a couple of questions, 7-days?

No problem. Please do.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessPoint
    Actually, its a great idea to buy a bunch of domain names now even if you dont have time to develop them.

Make sure to at least put up a single page and try to get a few inbound links.

This will help you because hopefully the domain will be out of Googles sandbox or any type of age delay filter when you are ready to work on them.

I'm a total domain name junkie myself.... guess it's a better habit than drugs
    SEE???? What kind of support group are we? lololol. Not only do we NOT talk each other out of buying domains, we tell each other to BUY MORE and then what to do with them

I love it here
    Deborah Carney

yea i am up to almost 400 i think. The worst is when you buy a lot in one day then the renewal notice comes. eeeek. I have slowed down in purchases but I would still consider myself a domain junkie .

matt

So I think I'm a wanna junkie. Like the generic of domain diva-ness. I don't domains much anymore, but i'll add a new subdomain just for the sake of sneezing out a possible new site idea. --- and THEN< if i get something developed for the idea, i'll go buy a domain. kind backward huh?

so ya'll think i should just spend my can collecting money on imoreneeddomains.com?

great! now, all we need now is someone to admit to: searching for something on g or y! and coming across a cool website/domain, and it turns out that it actually belongs to them.

I think I am becoming a domain name junky. At first I would just talk about name ideas and look up their availability. Now, it's progressed to the buying stage. I have 7 and only one with a page of cafepress stuff on it. Thanks for your suggestion of at least putting up one page, Successpoint. And the spreadsheet idea 7days. :-)

With a little affiliate success I'm sure to be buying more domain names. Pray for me... LOL
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

I thought I was bad but I only have 50, and I've gotten 90- and 60-day notices on one I'm actually considering not renewing. I will, of course, but at least give me cedit for considering it.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

LOL, I thought I was alone

Gu4rdian, you are not alone, I'm also figuring out how to get the revenue in.

7-days, do you have a list of your sites somewhere? If you don't mind, liketo take a look and learn a little.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    If any of you junkies have more than you can handle, send me a list with prices. I'm buying, right now.

I would like to join the support group. It sounds like the kind of support I want from Hubby and don't get. When I say stop me, I really mean "Do you think there's any way to use stop me as a name - would it work better as info, net, or org? And if we get stopme, should we use the same idea backwards on startme? Maybe slowmedown would be useful "- he always answers the same way: "Beat me, kick me, make me write bad checks" and then he goes back into his computer lab.

I do always have an idea of what I want to use it for - I just can't get it all done.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by 59ideas
    7-days, do you have a list of your sites somewhere? If you don't mind, like to take a look and learn a little.
    LOLOL, not likely!!!!

No one is going to share their list of sites
    Deborah Carney

Wow! I'm way behind you guys, I only have 5. Guess I have some catching up to do.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast